OPK and timing strategy!

velo

Reaction score
Hi - this is my first month trying OPK test strips and I'm excited because I have a positive today (CD13, its 12:30 p.m. right now)

Keep in mind we haven't gotten pregnant in 7 months of trying so far, and we don't know what DH's sperm count is like (going to have it tested soon), and he is 44. So while now I am in the gangbusters mode of strategy, I am wondering if it is best to wait for optimal timing.

Last time we DTD was Wednesday night, so if we go tonight that's 48 hours between, should be ideal. What do you think

1) go tonight, tomorrow, and the next night
2) wait a bit longer, say go tomorrow morning, then the next night (so 36 hours between tries) and then the night after
3) wait until tomorrow night for the first try
4) go tonight and then wait 36 hours
or another strategy?

Other info - DH won't be home until at least 10:30 tonight, and he left at 7 a.m. this morning (up at 5) so will likely be knackered! (but hopefully still have a bit of energy left) I have abundant watery mucus but no signs of egg white - but then I have yet to notice any egg white since I have been off birth control.

I vote for #1...if he is up for it...:)...wet and watery is a good sign...a quickie can do for tonight... GL and have fun!

they often say its the sperm from BEFORE ovulation that hits the jackpot, so as soon as you get the positive Ov I would say do #1 and do not wait. You can ovulate 12-36 hours after the positive Ov test, my FS says its usually 24 hours later. I have noticed some cramping within 24 hours.

theres some rumours out there that every day is too much due to sperm regeneration and you should only BD every other day.....but then Ive read thats only true if your partner has a sperm problem. mine doesnt so we do everyday around O. next month Im trying the every other day all month long thing, but when I get my positive Ov test I like to do everyday as I worry about missing it@

i never notice EWCM, I always notice Im wetter around Ov time and thats about it!

good luck and have fun!!

they often say its the sperm from BEFORE ovulation that hits the jackpot, so as soon as you get the positive Ov I would say do #1 and do not wait. You can ovulate 12-36 hours after the positive Ov test, my FS says its usually 24 hours later. I have noticed some cramping within 24 hours.

theres some rumours out there that every day is too much due to sperm regeneration and you should only BD every other day.....but then Ive read thats only true if your partner has a sperm problem. mine doesnt so we do everyday around O. next month Im trying the every other day all month long thing, but when I get my positive Ov test I like to do everyday as I worry about missing it@

i never notice EWCM, I always notice Im wetter around Ov time and thats about it!

good luck and have fun!!

I was thinking of waiting because the Ov test instructions say the best time for intercourse is AFTER 24 hours. But then I worried I could have surged 2 hours after the last test since I only test once a day and I got reallly anxious waiting for dh to come home!!

I actually had some ov pain around the same time as we were :sex: so I hope it was not too late as I think it takes 12 hours (?) for :spermie: to swim to the egg? We also had :sex: 48 hours before but I did not notice any fertile mucus at that time.

Oddly enough my temp neither surged the following morning or today. We :sex: again last night, I got a bit horny and it was only about 16 hours since the last time rather than 24 to build back up the sperm count.

I am wondering if my temps rise slowly after ovulation as certainly last month my temp rise was a few days past my wettest day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->