+ OPK for several days?

krissie328

Reaction score
So I got my first + OPK Friday evening. It was still positive all day Sat and it was still really dark, althought I am not quite sure still positive Sunday. I was just wondering what would cause it to do that? I have never got a + OPK before Friday, so it has me worried something is wrong. :haha:

Its nothing bad - dont worry - lots of women have more than one day of positive opk - it just means your surge is surging longer - nothing to worry about :)

So I got my first + OPK Friday evening. It was still positive all day Sat and it was still really dark, althought I am not quite sure still positive Sunday. I was just wondering what would cause it to do that? I have never got a + OPK before Friday, so it has me worried something is wrong. :haha:

Ive just got my second day of a positive OPK and found this information on Fertility Friend helpful:

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/Ovulation-Prediction-Kits--OPKs--.html

Do you chart?

Its really good. Basically, your LH surges just before you ovulate, while you are ovulating and just after you have ovulated...

Thanks for the link. I do not temp. I wake up a lot in the night and my temps were all over the place when I tried. So I decided to go with the less reliable OPK.

I was told by one of my doc's that sometimes you have two LH surges because the first time the O didn't happen so its your body's way of making sure that egg gets out. It can also mean a double egg...These are two possibilities, im sure there are others :)

goodluck :D

It is possible to have 2 surges, sometimes the first one doesn't quite get the egg out so another surge happens. Also, you may have caught the surge right at the beginning so it seemed to have lasted longer than when you caught it in the middle/at the end.

Thank ladies. I think I caught it right at the start, since the OPK about an hour earlier on Friday had been almost positive. It must have just gone longer than I thought. I did one yesterday and it was definately negative.

Thank ladies. I think I caught it right at the start, since the OPK about an hour earlier on Friday had been almost positive. It must have just gone longer than I thought. I did one yesterday and it was definately negative.

two cycles ago I had a sever day opk, I freaked and came here and called my doctor. I was very happy to find out that its pretty common..

Love this board :happydance::happydance: Keeps you from pulling (all your hair out)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->