Opk frustration... +ovulation pain question

Bloblo

Reaction score
This is my first cycle using opk's (tried last cycle, but due to travelling, was not able to test at optimum times and never got a positive).
My temping chart looks so good to me (first time temping too). All other signs are pointing to ovulation: I've had ewcm for past 6 days, I think my bbt temp is raising now (for me it looks like o was on Thursday?), i also felt ovulation pain on my left side early Friday morning (at about 3am).
All this seems to point to ovulation, but the stupid opk's are still negative!!! For past 2or3 days i see a faint line, but they are not even close to an actual positive... I am using a cheapy brand from internet - is it possible that they are just defective? I will keep on testing and bd'ing just in case...

Just needed to vent a bit, any input/comments/advice will be welcome - im not even in 2ww yet (or am i?) and already losing my mind :wacko:

Does anyone here feel ovulation pain a few days before o? Or is it always on the date of ovulation?

This is what I'm wondering too. I don't temp or chart (but if AF comes this month I might start next cycle) but I seem to always feel ovulation around the time my app says it should happen. But it's so confusing. Last month I totally felt ovulation cramps and had symptoms but AF showed 4 days later than usual so now my app says I must have O'd a full week later than I thought.

I haven't used OPKs either but I hear for some women they just don't work. Maybe you're one of the lucky few. 😉

This is the reason why I started using opk's and temping- but so far they are just creating more questions rather than answers...

Bloblo I get ovulation pain for almost a week, and then day of ovulation it's a bit stronger and also have nausea and exhaustion which is always fun.

OPK's are good once you understand how they work.

So far for me opk's did not work... I will try a more expensive brand next month - hopefully that will help me to get my positive. (Or even better: hopefully I get a hpt bfp before that):winkwink:

Could definitely just be the cheapie tests but I have problems because my urine is too diluted for them. Ate you doing them between 10am-8pm? Apparently that's the optimal time to detect the surge

Could definitely just be the cheapie tests but I have problems because my urine is too diluted for them. Ate you doing them between 10am-8pm? Apparently that's the optimal time to detect the surge

I used up to 5 tests a day when i had ewcm and other days I tested around 6pm after returning from the office. So I am pretty sure that i would have picked up the surge if the tests were working- theres a reason why they were so super cheap - i paid 10EUR for 70 tests.
Luckily my temps seem to show ovulation and looks like we bd'd at the right time. If i didn't catch the egg this time i will find some better opk's

Yeah cheap tests are so frustrating! But so is spending an arm and a leg on all of this fertility stuff. You're chart looks great though. FXed you get that BFP soon!

Yeah cheap tests are so frustrating! But so is spending an arm and a leg on all of this fertility stuff. You're chart looks great though. FXed you get that BFP soon!

Thanks! Baby dust :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->