OPK Question xxxxx

nattys

TTC no.2
Reaction score
I've bought a load of cheap OPKs from Amazon. Do the strips tell me when I'm about to ovulate, ovulating or already ovulated ????
I've never used them before :dohh:

Thanks Ladies :hugs:

Everyone is different I think.
I know I get O pain in my side about the same day as a positive OPK.
The positive OPK has to be Darker than the control line or it is not positive.

Google info::
The LH surge will typically occur somewhere between 12 and 48 hours to the time that a woman ovulates. For most women, the LH surge will occur right around 36 hours before ovulation.

I BD the day of positive tests and in past and have got a +HPT.. this is me though. Everyone is different. Try if you can bd before +, during and after then there are no question you did all you can do to catch the eggie!!!

I've bought a load of cheap OPKs from Amazon. Do the strips tell me when I'm about to ovulate, ovulating or already ovulated ????
I've never used them before :dohh:

Thanks Ladies :hugs:

Hi nattys

I'm not going to be much use sorry as I only used the smiley face ones for a month before getting my BFP but didn't see a smiley face :dohh:

I THINK that the positive is the surge BEFORE the egg is released but don't quote me on it. Also, many people suggest to test twice a day to ensure you don't miss the surge.

Good luck and :dust:

XxX

P.S. If you find out let me know :haha:

natt a positive OPK will tell you the LH surge has been detected and you will most likely ovulate wihing the next 12-36 maybe even 48 hours, as soon as you see that second line appear and getting darker you should start bding until it fades away as not everyone actually catches the peak. Record your cm and temps as well, a temp change will be the only lthing the tells you that you actually DID O, the OPK and the surge only tells you your body is getting ready to. check out the natural conceptions facebook page they have some cool OPK pics even a series that helps you see what the positive opk looks like in amongst a heap of others.

Good luck!!

After you get a positive you will ovulate within the next 12-48 hours. I BD until my line has completely faded to white.

My OPK's also advise to test in the afternoon-evening timeframe. They are not like HPT's where first morning urine is best. I test 2x per day in hopes to catch the surge. 1x around 11:00am and again around 5:00pm. Good luck!

Thanks Ladies, at least I have a better idea of what I'm supposed to be doing & looking for now xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->