OPK ?s

meggo

TTC #1 w/PCOS
Reaction score
I came off of 13 years of the pill in January of this year. So far I've had a 33 day cycle and a 28 day cycle. I'm thinking about using an OPK during the next cycle to just make sure I'm ovulating but don't know much about them. Should I buy multiples? How many does one normally go through in a cycle? And do you just start using them about 14 days into the cycle until you get a positive? Thanks for the help. :)

Definitely buy LOTS of them - you can get them on Amazon for dirt cheap. I think I got 25 for $5 or something like that. If you have no idea when you ovulate, I think they recommend you start on CD10 twice a day (morning and evening or afternoon and evening) and continue until you get a positive result. With OPKs, there will always be two lines so a "positive" is determined if the test line is equal to or greater than the control line. These are mine from last month.

https://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q28/emmiesanimalrescue/My%20Pictures/Family/Baby/Cycle1OPKs.jpg

I also chart my BBT each month so I had an idea of when I was going to ovulate and only had to use these two all month but that's not the case for everyone. So based on the OPKs and my temps, I ovulated on CD15. We unfortunately didn't catch the egg that month but there's always this month!

Thanks!! That was super helpful. Guess I'll be placing an order with Amazon today. But since Amazon is shipped to hubby's work I'd better warn him not to open this package! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->