-OPK this am, Now + with pain but no CM

Msharp11686

Reaction score
I am a night shift nurse. When getting home I thought taking OPKs in afternoon is better so right then, even thou it was 7AM, is really my afternoon/evening time. Took it and it was negative(Had no symtoms of ovulation either) Am at work and took an OPK around 8pm and it was blazing positive.:growlmad: The reason I took it was because I was feeling ovary pain on both sides. I am on clomid so am in the time frame to ovulate. We BD 6,7,9 and will in the AM(11th) and again the 12. I have not seen any CM, which I have been getting loads of at the time I think I am ovulating in the previous months.

My question is...Getting my +OPK tonight with symptoms and not BD until 12 hours later, without CM, Do you think there is still a chance???
I know, know one knows when the egg actually will drop, I just wonder if its not dropping as we speak since im hurting, even thou I just got a positive. HELP!!

My cm usually becomes non fertile the day I ovulate which seems backwards but apparently this is how it usually happens anyway. I guess because you start producing progesterone and this dries it up. If you don't conceive this cycle perhaps grab some Preseed or similar in case it happens again

You will Still be in the time frame. After your positive you ovulate around 24 hours later, and the egg is then viable for another 12-24 hours. Good luck!

Thanks so much and will be checking out your FB page!!

oh, and i will add one more tip.

in general (and next time) if you have EWCM and you know that you will ovulate in 2-3-4 days (because you typically do) and even without an LH+, these are still excellent days to BD.

it is BETTER to have sperm in WITH EWCM than to wait for the positive OPK (if you have to choose). BEST is always positive OPK and EWCM together.

Whilst this is true, I think it's also worth remembering that some may see fertile cm for days before ovulation. It can also change from cycle to cycle, I had fertile cm this cycle from when af finished up until the day of ovulation. Af finished on CD4 with only slight spotting CD5 with watery cm, and ewcm the whole time after until ovulation which was CD12 for me this time, which is also when I saw my first positive OPK.
Obviously it is best to have sex when fertile cm is seen, but if a positive OPK isn't seen when there is fertile cm then I think sperm friendly lubricant is a good idea

I agree with Happycupcake as last month I experienced EWCM for 1 day 5/6 days before I got a positive OPK then the day it was positive I had nothing. But it’s always a Possiblity..Xx

Usually for me, I have ewcm leading up to ovulation but the day of ovulation it changes to creamy or sticky, so if we BD that day we use Preseed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->