OPKs almost always positive since chemical

L.E.

Mom of 1, TTC #2
Reaction score
Hi, ladies!! I have PCOS and am on Metformin. I ovulated for the first time in years in December, then again at the end of January. I conceived but sadly it was a chemical pregnancy and I started bleeding when I expected my period. Since my chemical last month, I've had dark opks almost all the time... with many of them as dark or slightly darker than the control line. Even before I was taking Metformin and was having crazy bleeding all the time, my OPKs never did this, and I've been using opks for about a year and a half. I may have a random dark one here and there but never all the time. I'm currently on CD39 and I have no idea if I ovulated or not.

Have any of you had this? I don't understand why all of a sudden my LH levels are elevated.... We haven't dtd very much this month, so I'm afraid that if I did O already, that I may have missed my chance. Dec and Jan had super-dark opks for several days, but I haven't had them that dark this month.

HELP!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0081.jpg
    IMG_0081.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0135.jpg
    IMG_0135.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0150.jpg
    IMG_0150.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0171.jpg
    IMG_0171.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0291.jpg
    IMG_0291.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 18
More pics... I have more than these but I just randomly found a few... so frustrating...

Attachments

• IMG_0313.jpg
    IMG_0313.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0317.jpg
    IMG_0317.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0357.jpg
    IMG_0357.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0376.jpg
    IMG_0376.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 9
Thats alot of pos opks near you cd 30 and up 1 pos on cd20 or 21 r u pregnant? Some people get pos opt when preggers?

could possibly be pregnancy or maybe your body gears up for ov but it doesnt happen so it keeps trying until it actually occurs. But your recent opk is defo positive.

Thanks, ladies. I guess I should've mentioned that I've taken a million Wondfo hpts- up to 2 or 3 days ago and they were bfn... Even took a couple FRERs, the last one being on Mar. 10th. Besides negative hpts, I'd think the opks would be getting darker, not all basically staying the same as the control if I were pregnant. I'm guessing I haven't O'd yet because my lines should go really dark and then go negative afterwards. My body just doesn't do anything right. Well I take that back... I have an amazing 5 year old, so it did so something right! :) I just wish it would do something right again now. :/

Ok I think its the PCOS....I am just going to be honest. With PCOS it's a pain in the butt with opk's. The only thing you are going to be able to do is temp to confirm ovulation. The cysts on the ovaries are CL cysts basically, the constantly produce LH. And depending on the amount of cysts you have the will produce a lot of LH. I also have a solution to the chemical problem. PCOS causes inflammation of the uterus also, making it truly act as a histamine. You ever consider taking benedryl around implantation time 3x's a day for about 4 days or so. I think that's what has helped me to get pregnant last cycle and this cycle. I took benedryl after ovulation. I have only taken one pill at night but I imagine if I take it 3 times a day it would be even better. Along with Progesterone this cycle so far so good. As long as I can keep baby implanted long enough to make enough hcg I am in the money, and I think you would be too.

But bottom line cysts will always make your opk's almost positive or positive. Just because the produce LH. It's the same as having a CL cyst after a confirmed bfp.
I hope I helped some...:shrug:

Do you have a chart? Are you temping? I was just thinking...I know Metformin is suppose to regulate you ovulation, what milligrams are you taking? Have you tried the First response Fertility test...I don't know a whole bunch about them...but they test your FSH. I would give those a go and see how they turn out...

I'm taking 1500 mg total a day... I wasn't ovulating since having my son 5 yrs ago...the Metformin helped but I didn't ovulate til I used Provera...even before starting Metformin, my LH and FSH were not that abnormal... I can't remember what they were, but my doc said my hormone levels were surprising...she said normally they're much more "off" with PCOS. I think my insulin levels were mostly to blame. My glucose was normal. So I just find it so weird that now all of a sudden they're going psycho after 2 months of ovulating and a chemical. Grr.

I don't chart or temp...I probably should just bite the bullet and do it... But I've been using opks for about 18 months and didn't ovulate the first 14 months. If my body keeps this up I may pay the $175 for sperm analysis so I can start Clomid. Since I was ovulating on my own finally, I was hoping I wouldn't have to. I turn 30 in Dec. and will be married 10 yrs in Aug. We only prevented the first year and a half....it's been a long road. I really really want to be pregnant with a sticky bean this year!

Ok I think its the PCOS....I am just going to be honest. With PCOS it's a pain in the butt with opk's. The only thing you are going to be able to do is temp to confirm ovulation. The cysts on the ovaries are CL cysts basically, the constantly produce LH. And depending on the amount of cysts you have the will produce a lot of LH. I also have a solution to the chemical problem. PCOS causes inflammation of the uterus also, making it truly act as a histamine. You ever consider taking benedryl around implantation time 3x's a day for about 4 days or so. I think that's what has helped me to get pregnant last cycle and this cycle. I took benedryl after ovulation. I have only taken one pill at night but I imagine if I take it 3 times a day it would be even better. Along with Progesterone this cycle so far so good. As long as I can keep baby implanted long enough to make enough hcg I am in the money, and I think you would be too.

But bottom line cysts will always make your opk's almost positive or positive. Just because the produce LH. It's the same as having a CL cyst after a confirmed bfp.

This was really helpful.
If I consistently get almost positive opks, would that then be a good symptom of PCOS, or do you know of other causes besides PCOS?

Those look like mine. I got off Mirena in January and haven't had a cycle since then..or ovulated! FngrsCrossed post is pretty interesting. I hope you get it figured out and get your + OPK or HPT! Good luck!

I don't chart or temp...I probably should just bite the bullet and do it... But I've been using opks for about 18 months and didn't ovulate the first 14 months. If my body keeps this up I may pay the $175 for sperm analysis so I can start Clomid. Since I was ovulating on my own finally, I was hoping I wouldn't have to. I turn 30 in Dec. and will be married 10 yrs in Aug. We only prevented the first year and a half....it's been a long road. I really really want to be pregnant with a sticky bean this year!

I agree with Fingrs--If you start temping (it's super easy and not a big deal! Much easier than I expected, I thought it would be a pain :)), you will know when you ovulate. You get a very clear temp rise afterwards, which is super helpful. Also, if you get an account with FertilityFriend (it's free), you can chart online and they will analyze your data and let you know when you're likely to ovulate and will 'confirm' based on what you input that you have...It's helpful!

Up until this month, my opks were pretty accurate... 14 months without a real surge because I wasn't ovulating, and definite surges in Dec. and Jan. For whatever reason, my body is just crazy this month. My opks did go negative last night and today, so we'll see what happens. I only have 2 left for tomorrow. I may buy a couple from the dollar tree and see what they show the next few days.

Hopefully I get a bfp and a sticky bean in the near future, but if not, I think I'll try the temping if AF comes.

I bought a Basal Thermometer tonight. I'm going to try to start temping. I know it probably won't tell me much since I'm already on CD42, but it will be a good start. Plus, maybe if I haven't O'd yet, I'll get to see what my temps do.

This was really helpful.
If I consistently get almost positive opks, would that then be a good symptom of PCOS, or do you know of other causes besides PCOS?

hi there sorry it took sooo long for a response. :dohh: I don't want to diagnose you at all. But i will say that it could be a possibility. What we don't consider as women is that cyst which we produce every month...Yes every month! Is what makes the LH. Now that cyst is a good thing when you get your + hpt, as it produces the LH/progesterone needed to sustain your pregnancy. The cyst goes away once the placenta takes over and produces the high amounts of hcg and supports your babies life. In PCOS the silly cyst doesn't know when it's not needed for lack of better words. It will make your opk's positive/almost positive goes a little dormant and then decide it's needed again...lol it just doesn't dissolve/burst (I know sounds painful) when it should at the end of the cycle. We make these cysts every month like i said. I had one with my angel baby that was the size of my pregnant uterus for months!! I was told it may pop during lovemaking or it may dissolve on its own. But that was a CL cyst and i was pregnant.

The only way to truly tell if it is PCOS is to see your for confirmation. If you are always getting opk's that look positive or are positive it is a possibility. And I would run that by my doc. :hugs: and :dust: for you!!

Those look like mine. I got off Mirena in January and haven't had a cycle since then..or ovulated! FngrsCrossed post is pretty interesting. I hope you get it figured out and get your + OPK or HPT! Good luck!

Hi :flower:

I am an ex-Mirena user also. I got mine taken out 3/14/11. If you stopped your cycles while on it could take a little minute to have one. I never got the luxury of not having a period on Mirena. That's one of the reasons I got it in the first place. Depending on how long it's been since you had it removed, I would talk to my Dr. about getting "you know who" lol started. If it's been a while since it was removed, then you are probably wanting to get te ball rolling towards Ovulation. And I don't blame you. :hugs: and :dust: to you!!!

I bought a Basal Thermometer tonight. I'm going to try to start temping. I know it probably won't tell me much since I'm already on CD42, but it will be a good start. Plus, maybe if I haven't O'd yet, I'll get to see what my temps do.

I agree, if you haven't ovulated at least you will see what they are doing. If you have then it's great practice on temping. Here hoping that you and Dh catch the egg this month and get the bfp...hmm with TWINS!!!! :happydance:

hi there sorry it took sooo long for a response. :dohh: I don't want to diagnose you at all. But i will say that it could be a possibility. What we don't consider as women is that cyst which we produce every month...Yes every month! Is what makes the LH. Now that cyst is a good thing when you get your + hpt, as it produces the LH/progesterone needed to sustain your pregnancy. The cyst goes away once the placenta takes over and produces the high amounts of hcg and supports your babies life. In PCOS the silly cyst doesn't know when it's not needed for lack of better words. It will make your opk's positive/almost positive goes a little dormant and then decide it's needed again...lol it just doesn't dissolve/burst (I know sounds painful) when it should at the end of the cycle. We make these cysts every month like i said. I had one with my angel baby that was the size of my pregnant uterus for months!! I was told it may pop during lovemaking or it may dissolve on its own. But that was a CL cyst and i was pregnant.

The only way to truly tell if it is PCOS is to see your for confirmation. If you are always getting opk's that look positive or are positive it is a possibility. And I would run that by my doc. :hugs: and :dust: for you!!

Thanks for the helpful info.:flower:

I've been taking pictures of my OPKs every day and they don't seem to be almost positive, as they are showing a steady darkening, so maybe I don't have PCOS after all. o_O
Yes, I hope to get to the doctor, as soon as I have insurance.

Oh and I just saw that you just got a BFP! That's awesome, I pray you have a sticky bean. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->