OPK's and TTC!

sblzmd

Reaction score
Hello, ladies!
My husband and I are going to start TTC in April. I ordered OPK's on Amazon, 20 of them for only 27.00!, so I'm waiting for those to come in so we can start! I'm so excited and glad there are others out there in the same boat.
Good luck to everyone! :dust:

Hi sbl :hi: What brand of OPKs did you get?

Hello, ladies!
My husband and I are going to start TTC in April. I ordered OPK's on Amazon, 20 of them for only 27.00!, so I'm waiting for those to come in so we can start! I'm so excited and glad there are others out there in the same boat.
Good luck to everyone! :dust:

Hey there sblzmd! Congrats on making your TTC purchase! It is very exciting isn't it? I also bought a pack of 20 OPK's for $27 on amazon, let me guess Clearblue Digital? haha

Anyway, I soon realized during that first month that I couldn't keep that up month after month. So, despite wishing you lots and lots of luck on your first attempt, just in case you aren't successful I would look into ic's or internet cheapies. From amazon you can buy a pack of Wondfo branded ones for much, much cheaper than the more expensive brands of OPKs. I bought a combo pack of OPK's and HPT's. I actually still had a bunch of my ClearBlue's after starting to use the cheapies so I started using the cheapies first, and then as it got closer to my suspected ov I started testing twice a day with the cheapies, some women say to test as much as 3 times a day so as not to miss your surge. So then when I got what I thought might be a positive on the ic I used a clearblue as well. I actually didn't get a smiley on that one, so the next time I tested on the cheapies I could see that is was looking much more "positive" but I went ahead and used another clearblue to confirm and indeed got my smiley for that month.

Ok, wow! Didn't mean to go on for so long, but if you made it all the way through, thanks for reading, haha. Lots of :dust: your way! :D

Hey! I got 30 OPK's from amazon, just the IC for only £7 so don't spend a lot of money on the next batch as you use sooo many of them for just one cycle! Some people do like 5 OPK's a day for about 10 days! Best of luck xx

I did buy the ClearBlue Digital OPKs. I got those because since my cycle is so irregular, I want to figure out what time I'm actually ovulating. I did see the cheap ones so for future cycles I will go with those. I also got an ovulation microscope for testing saliva.
And yes, StarKatie, I did read the entire reply. Haha. :p

hello everyone :) my hubby and i started ttc about 8 months ago and i finally broke down on buying opk's since im always second guessing myself and im impatient lol. it feels good to know others are doing the same thing and i also use the clearblue.

i'm extremely impatient too so i broke down and bought the tests as well. good luck!

i'm extremely impatient too so i broke down and bought the tests as well. good luck!

since i have started doing them i have become rather impatient with them as well, reading them is kind of hard because i had one line that was semi-dark and the rest were very faint. so we bd just in case :) heopfully ill get better at reading them lol

that's what i'm worried about when i get the cheaper tests! i see so many posts with photos asking for opinions on whether or not it's a positive! they seem difficult to read but i'm sure it'll get easier haha. BDing more often never hurts either!

Hi everyone im new to this site and thought it would be nice to chat to people in the same boat as me.. Iv got clear blue opks and they are good iv just finished my ov day yesterday so fingers crossed :)

I actually have found that I only need to do one opk a day for about 3 days to get my positive. I usually test right after work at about 5pm but this time I tested at 2 pm b/c I wasn't at work and there was no mistaking the positive this month. I also had spotting a couple days before which I heard can mean you are extra fertile. It's our 6th month TTC and I hope the super dark positive and the spotting is a good sign for us this month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->