OPKs - are they really worth it?

lilbecksxx

Reaction score
So this is the second month that I'm using an OPK. I have not gotten a positive at all & AF always arrives dead on time (27 days).

I have all the other signs of ovulating - CM, cramps etc.

I was reading online that a lot of people never get a positive opk because their LH surge is too quick. I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem with OPKs??

I have heard that it is quick. I have not gotten a positive. I just bought the cheap ones and I am testing 2 times a day. BUT then I think you know if it quick a person should really be testing like every 6 hours. Then you still might not catch it. IDK I am trying it anyway. Maybe it will work. I cannot wait to see what everyone else says!

I've only used them over 2 cycles...

The first time I used them I got 2 accurate positives and thought they were great for me seeing as I can only "try" once per cycle.

But this time, I've tested 4 days in a row and all negatives, even though ovulation definitely happened today!

I'm stumped lol!! xx

I have used them for about 7 months now and this month was the first time I have ever gotten a truly positive one, all other months they got darker and then lighter again so I knew roughly when I o'd. x x

I use the CBFM which follows your whole cycle and I find them really useful. You POAS from about day 7 until you ovulate, plus a couple of days. I now have a good idea about how my cycles work and when to get busy ;)

I think it depends what brand you use...I get One Step from Amazon.

I got positives on cd44 & cd45, and didn't actually ovulate...so I have the opposite problem to you :haha:

I think they can be a bit hit and miss really. I've used them a few times, normally just get darker but not sure about a positive. Today I got a near positive on an IC then used a Clearblue Digi to confirm and got a smiley face :)

I have used them for 4 months now but learned i wasnt using them when i actually ovulated so i got one positive during that whole 4 months. Im trying again this month doing it every other day just to make sure were BD on the right day... I am still waiting for a positive opk though. Im on cd 14 of a 26 to 29 day cycle so who knows lol I test three times a day though- when i wake up 8am at 2pm and 8pm now. I also agree it depends on the type of tests you buy...the clear blue opks seem more accurate

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->