Opposite gender and buying lots!

embeth

Mum to 4 perfect children
Reaction score
Anyone else buying lots?

Having a girl after 3 boys, found out at the wkend and me my mum and sisters kind of got a bit excited in mothercare and bought lots of outfits! I'm only just coming up to 17 weeks! Going have to avoid baby shops to resist the urge!

I have decided to go for the bugaboo bee pushchair this time and trying to resist getting that! Wanted to wait until over 20 weeks for big things really..

Anyone else?

I have a dd and yesterday found out we are having a boy. I haven't bought anything yet but I know I'm going to have a hard time resisting replacing things that were bought for dd. We have changing mat, baby bath towels etc that are pink but don't really need replacing (they are only going to be used at home anyway) but it's going to be hard to resist buying more boyish things.

I am very tempted! And i have bought few newborn stuff and dressed for 6-9 month :))) i also want bugaboo bee with pink hood and that what i will be getting, just closer to date :)
I go a lot through different baby things websites, so virtual shopping is kind of helping :)

I'm also having a girl after a boy and I'm going to get the pale pink bugaboo bee hood and the new bassinet they have to go on my old bee. I'm SO excited!! It's so pretty! Other than getting an adorable pink stroller light weight blanket I'm trying to hold off on getting too much stuff as we will be moving, which just means I'll be going crazy for the last 2 months!!

Congrats embeth on being team pink!!!! how exciting!!! don't feel bad hun go crazy with pink and purple!!

Girls are so much fun! We are having a boy after 2 girls so I've been buying lots of cute boy things!!!

Thanku all 😉

I always bought lots for the boys as baby stuff in general is just too cute! But having the change now is so exciting! To add to it we go to Orlando for 2 weeks in Disney when she ll be 4 months.. An excuse to get little summer bits in the age up too as it lol be cold here when she's born! :winkwink::winkwink:

I'm having a girl after a boy and I'm resisting HARD! I spent a fortune on expensive outfits for the first 9 months of my little boy's life and certainly the things up to 6 months are very gender neutral so intend to use those again. I have bought about 9 girly outfits from 3 months - 9 months and I'm really going to try to leave it at that. So easy these days to buy more on the internet if I need to but I really don't want to spend more money than I have to!

:haha: I've definitely been on a little spending spree the last couple months since we found out we're having a girl. I must have bought a dozen outfits already. Already have gotten her 1-3 months snowsuit, all her cloth newborn diapers and some of the bigger size ones, a few toys, diapering supplies, some books... DH says I have to take a month off from shopping or I'll break the bank, so only tiny odds and ends this month. We're telling my mom about the pregnancy when we go to visit her next week though, so I'm thinking a shopping spree might happen anyway (but DH can't be upset if it's my mom doing the spending and not me!).

The great thing about shopping ahead of time is that you can get everything on the end of season sales. I've gotten some AMAZINGLY cute dresses for our little lady, and all of them were on super deep discount. (4th of July sale combined with end of season sale = WIN!) $75 dresses for $30. Now that's a score. :smug:

I'm waiting till after the shower to go too crazy. I've bought some things if I see a good sale. My husband and I will buy a couple big things like the crib and car seat but we haven't yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->