Orange baby bottles?!

kateqpr

Reaction score
Anyone else get this with their dishwasher?

All my teats and bottle tops have now gone slightly orange. I've just spent the last hour boiling them and still no change.

Any tips to get them clean again? Or will i just have to live with it>

Did you wash dishes with a tomato based sauce by any chance?! I've found anything of Aisling's that's plastic goes an orangey shade if it goes in with the spag bol dishes etc. I haven't found a way of getting rid of it I'm afraid :(

Its not just a dishwasher, I don't have one but all my bottles have gone slightly orange... just happens it think.

A couple of mine have done this but havent found a way of getting them clean yet

I did have this with the teats, it has slightly improved but only with time and lots of steralising. My bottles are blue and green :lol:

Haven't had it with the teats but my TT CTN go a funny colour after washing them but then go back to normal once sterilised? :shrug:

my LOs bottles are like that, just happens, giving them a good scrub with abottle brush n fairy liquid helps abit but not much

think its a dishwasher thing, my mum used to put my eldest daughters bottles in hers and they all went orange tinted, never came clean looking so i had to buy new

i think it happens with heat...i've heard people say it happened after using microwaves, dishwashers, steam sterilisers etc

although having said that mine went like it when i used a cold water steraliser and milton tabs :shrug: but then again i have put them in the microwave b4 and i do put hot water in them.

i so far haven't found a way to get them back to clear.

Did you wash dishes with a tomato based sauce by any chance?! I've found anything of Aisling's that's plastic goes an orangey shade if it goes in with the spag bol dishes etc. I haven't found a way of getting rid of it I'm afraid :(

Happened to us with curry! But after a few goes in the steriliser they're fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->