Orange Baby?

flowers1

Newly expecting
Reaction score
I am a bit concerned as my health visitor has told me that my baby looks 'orange'. Apparently this can be caused by eating too many foods high in beta carotene eg. carrots and sweet potato. I have been thinking about his diet and he only has these vegetables 2-3 times a week although I have read that there can be high amounts in other fruit and veg. She's told me to reduce the amount I give him even though he doesn't have that much and see if it makes a difference. Has anyone else any experience of this? If so what did you do? Did it make a difference? Personally I can't really see that he looks 'orange' but then I see him every day so perhaps it's harder for me to see!

Charlie is orange too! Well, his nose is anyway! I got told that it wasn't really anything to worry about, but I have personally decided to try and cut down on carrots and stuff to see if it makes a difference....it hasn't so far but fingers crossed!

x

I have noticed my LO looks a bit orange sometimes, but I just put it down to the light. We have been having a fair amount of carrots, sweet pots and tomatoes cos she really enjoys them but maybe I should cut back a bit, as don't want her to grow up with a permatan! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->