Organ Donation

That's really weird because yesterday I also signed the register for organ donation.

I think it should be opt-out also and I get annoyed with people who say that they don't want to register but would take an organ in a heart-beat (no pun intended!).

I believe that when I die everything is spare parts so I just went for anything they can take they can have. I have a dodgy heart so that's probably out of the picture and I have a soft tissue condition but its all up to what they can use at the time I suppose!

But yes weird that I signed up the same day as you...

i've had an organ donor card in my wallet since i was about 16 with my parents signatures, they can have anything they want. eyes and all! how would i get on the bone marrow registry?that's something id really like to do

i've had an organ donor card in my wallet since i was about 16 with my parents signatures, they can have anything they want. eyes and all! how would i get on the bone marrow registry?that's something id really like to do

https://www.nhsbt.nhs.uk/bonemarrow/ :thumbup:

I joined about ten years ago (although I don't know if I was actually able to at 13!)... I think it's the best gift you could ever give someone. Sounds a bit corny but with your dying breath you breathe life... I've said I'll donate everything.

I've never been able to give blood, like photosblue said I've always got some kind of infection whenever they come up. Had glandular fever a couple of years back so that stopped me for a while! I try and keep on top of the dates though just in case they don't clash with work or snotty nose/gooey chest!

Plutosblue -I think it's great that you've raised this. Personally I'm strongly in favour of oragan donation, I signed up online and as far as I'm concerned when I'm gone then anyone who can make use of anything may as well do so. In fact if I wasn't a suitable match for anyone, rather than go to waste, I'd be happy to donate my body or body parts to medical research. A lot of people don't like that idea and I would respect that, but it can be just as important in saving lives. Just because the results aren't immediate -your lungs helpin another to breathe for example, doesn't mean they're not just as significant. Research in the long run could prevent or cure numerous diseases from cancer to dementia. Just something else to think about.

-But I think the really important thing you've done here is reminding people to think about it. If people don't want to donate then that's one thing, but the real tragedy is that organs that could save lives don't, simply because people's wishes weren't known.

Silverbell -that's absolutely fantastic too. It's not for everyone maybe, but it's worth everyone at least considering and I think your bravery is pretty inspirational, because most of us know if it was our loved one, we'd hope for all the world for that kind of help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->