ORGASM some days after Ovulation can affect implantation, MYTH or FACT?

cancerlib

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,
Does anyone know anything about this? Pls share....any info.:thumbup:

Myth. Some doctors do advise against having an orgasm - or having sex - if you have a history of problems staying pregnant - and that is usually only after you find out you're pregnant. I actually researched this a little bit because I was afraid that it could be preventing me from getting pregnant but found out that it's not true.

Oh thanks. There's a mixed story about it and am just trying to get all info i can about it. Cant be too careful,lol:haha:

I heard that orgasms help as they contract inside and makes the sperm travel up then if you werent to have an orgasm?!
so many stories about though!

I've heard mixed information about this, too. The books I've read indicate you don't have to orgasm simultaneously with your partner. I've also heard what Kristen mentioned. I'll keep following!

Myth. Some doctors do advise against having an orgasm - or having sex - if you have a history of problems staying pregnant - and that is usually only after you find out you're pregnant. I actually researched this a little bit because I was afraid that it could be preventing me from getting pregnant but found out that it's not true.

Good to know

Well we bd a bunch of days following ovulation in which I o'd so I am going to go with myth on this.

I never thought it was true, but last month at about 8dpo I had an orgasm and ended up having a chemical pregnancy...needless to say after I ovulate this cycle I will not be having anymore. IDK if it had anything to do with it but I'm not taking any chances.

I heard that orgasms help as they contract inside and makes the sperm travel up then if you werent to have an orgasm?!
so many stories about though!
Yes,have heard that too. But that is to assist the sperm in travelling faster for fertilization but i dont think thats proved either.

I've heard mixed information about this, too. The books I've read indicate you don't have to orgasm simultaneously with your partner. I've also heard what Kristen mentioned. I'll keep following!
Pls enlighten us, what did the book say about having an orgasm simultaneously with one's partner?

I never thought it was true, but last month at about 8dpo I had an orgasm and ended up having a chemical pregnancy...needless to say after I ovulate this cycle I will not be having anymore. IDK if it had anything to do with it but I'm not taking any chances.
So sorry about the CP, better to be safe than sorry then.

Weird...Never even heard of that myth before. I can see where they are going with it though.

Yeah, I had a chemical but I *did* orgasm every time we babydanced so I think it's good to then, but I won't be in the TWW or in super early pregnancy until I feel safe about it for sure. Like I said, it may have nothing to do with it, but since I don't know why it happened, I just know I'll do it differently this TWW!

This sure is interesting! I had a chemical back in Jan 2011 and I'm a bit of a sex addict... :blush: So definitely would have orgasmed at least three times after O..

Will refrain from sex (or enjoying it at least :haha:) until AF now!

MYTH.

Actually, I've looked into this pretty extensively, since DH gets grumpy about being cut off for two weeks. Apparently, the progesterone your body releases at ovulation and in your TWW works to prevent the uterine contractions that usually happen with an orgasm. So in theory, you should be safe to orgasm and any orgasms you have will be vaginal only, so it won't affect implantation or your bean. And orgasms increase blood flow to the uterus, which can help promote implantation.

And sex in the first few days of your TWW is supposed to be good for the egg. I've read in a genetics journal that exposure to semen is good for embryo development and increases the likelihood of embryo implantation and development.

That said, if you're going through IVF, you shouldn't orgasm after the IVF has been completed because there is no guarantee that you have ovulated at the time the IVF is done. Any orgasms could dislodge the bean because there may not be enough progesterone in your system to prevent the uterine contractions.

Hope that helps. :)

MYTH.

Actually, I've looked into this pretty extensively, since gets grumpy about being cut off for two weeks. Apparently, the progesterone your body releases at ovulation and in your TWW works to prevent the uterine contractions that usually happen with an orgasm. So in theory, you should be safe to orgasm and any orgasms you have will be vaginal only, so it won't affect implantation or your bean. And orgasms increase blood flow to the uterus, which can help promote implantation.

And sex in the first few days of your TWW is supposed to be good for the egg. I've read in a genetics journal that exposure to semen is good for embryo development and increases the likelihood of embryo implantation and development.

That said, if you're going through IVF, you shouldn't orgasm after the IVF has been completed because there is no guarantee that you have ovulated at the time the IVF is done. Any orgasms could dislodge the bean because there may not be enough progesterone in your system to prevent the uterine contractions.

Hope that helps. :)
WOW!!!! This is so educative, thanks a bunch, bless you.
Tons of sticky babydust your way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->