OT: Dunkin pumpkin flavors are back, and they've let me down.

Amalee

Expecting #2!
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone else here gets as excited as me when fall flavors come out, but we have Pumpkin Spice flavors galore now, and I'm so excited! However, I've been completely let down thus far. I went and grabbed a Pumpkin spice hot coffee with skim milk today before work, and it is sickeningly sweet! I didn't add any sweeteners (other than the ones included in the pumpkin flavoring - which, to be fair, is a ton), but it's completely undrinkable. I'm sticking it in the fridge to use as a sweetener instead of milk and sugar for the week.

Has anyone else tried it and noticed a difference from last year? Or could it be because I got half decaf, half reg? I've never had decaf before, but I've always been under the impression that the taste is just as strong as regular.

Sorry for the randomness, but I don't like not being able to enjoy my coffee!

Starbucks Pumpkin Spice latte is the way to go!!! I've always thought Dunkin Donuts coffee was naturally sweeter than Starbucks, which is why I prefer the latter. I love the strong flavor with the light, not overwhelming sweetness of pumpkin :)

This, too, is my favorite time of year!!! Too bad its still 95 degrees everyday here in Florida :/

Oh yes, pooooor you, and your beautiful weather! Haha. It was actually pretty cold up here this morning, and it's supposed to get down to 40 tonight! I think over the past year I've started having my coffees with much less milk and sweetener, so maybe it's just me.

Haha, I know, but this was always my favorite time if year back home up north, so I get a little nastolgic when I see my friends post pictures of leaves changing and bonfires :) I will get over my jealousy when it's December and Im still in short sleeves!

Does Starbuck's do pumpkin spice lattes that are decaf? I never thought to ask. I love them, but they always make me so wired!

Amalee, I think the older I get, the less sweet I like things, too. Maybe our taste just changes over time? I haven't tried the dunkin ones, though.

Yeah, I always hate when I have to start wearing sweatshirts, but it is very beautiful! I didn't realize you were from up North - what brought you to FL?

Tigerlily, the flavor is usually just a syrup that they pump into the cup for you, not a separate brew. So you would be getting a decaf latte, then they add a couple pumps of the flavoring. Let me tell you though, you aren't missing out on the Dunkin ones! It was like candy - hardly any coffee flavor at all!

Yea dunkins pumpkin is fun for a couple coffes and then.... Yea. Bleh.
It's not any sweeter to me. Same artificially flavored sickening sweet syrup.
I prefer the caramel myself.
Or their mint hot chocolate in winter. Mmmm!
Hooray for dunkin anyway! I love them.
I love love love autumn. My favorite season. And looking forward to winter as well.
Is it just me or did this summer fly by much faster??

We don't get this here and it sounds sooooo yummy? Any recipes? What do I use to spice the coffee with? Is it only in the US? Are there ingredients in the coffee that can be ordered and shipped to my country?

I really should have known better, I can't handle any of their pre-sweetened coffee flavors. Mint hot chocolate though - omggggg, can't wait for that!

Angelbaby, are you asking about the pumpkin flavored coffee, or Dunkin Donuts in general? I came across one Dunkin while I was in Spain, so I guess there are some in Europe, but here in the north east, we have a Dunkin on jus about every corner! I think it's a mix of a simple syrup (heat water, add white and brown sugar) and then some "fall-y" spices... nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, etc. If you decide to try it yourself, let us know how it comes out!

Thank you! Think I should also google some recipes! I am not in Europe either, but would like to go to spain! Lol

Yeah, I always hate when I have to start wearing sweatshirts, but it is very beautiful! I didn't realize you were from up North - what brought you to FL?

A wild adventurous streak and a guy I was dating enticed me to Georgia where I went to college, and an internship brought me to Florida. I loved it here and never left :)

My husband is from Florida - we went down to visit his family a couple years ago, and made the mistake of going mid-August. It was so hot! We could barely handle anything outside until about 7pm. But the nights were great, and I loooooved how warm the water was at the beaches!

I've been almost everywhere in the US and each place definitely has its charms. I absolutely loved where I grew up, but there is something about living near the ocean that is just enchanting. We very seriously considered moving to Hawaii after our honeymoon there, but from logistical prospective, Florida is a pretty great runner-up :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->