OT: Just had a horrendous/comical lunch break

LadyofRohan

Mummy to Éowyn
Reaction score
So, for my lunch break I ran to the grocery store to grab some groceries to drop off at my house and come back to work. I do it all the time and I can get it done in 45 minutes so it’s usually not a problem.

After a weird conversation with a strange man in the parking lot (which is a completely different thread). I get home, open the car door and a glass of molasses escapes the grocery bag, rolls out and smashes on the driveway!

2 cups of sticky syrupy molasses puddles in the middle of the driveway.

I run inside and throw the groceries in the fridge, then run into the back yard to uncoil the hose that I’ve already neatly stowed away for the winter, unlock the back gate and drag the hose outside to the driveway. Then I have to run back inside to plug the well pump in. I pick up the glass jar pieces and throw them in the garbage, getting my hands very sticky.

As I’m rinsing off the molasses, a big gust of wind blows my hair in my face so I brush it back…yep, and get molasses all over my long blonde hair. :wacko: At least I managed to clean off the driveway.

So I run back and put the hose away and close the back gate, run around to the back door (losing one of my heels at the time, so I have to run back to retrieve it) and it had locked behind me. Luckily I had left the garage door open so I have to unlock the back gate (again) and go around and spend about five minutes trying in vain to get the molasses out of my hair in the downstairs bathroom sink. I give up because I’m already late getting back to work. I set the house alarm and go out the garage.

I realized that I left the back gate unlocked so I open the side door to go close it and the house alarm goes off.

I have to run back inside to turn the house alarm off. Then I closed the back gate, locked up the house and left.

I’m sitting here at my desk with my hair damp and sticky. My 45 minute lunch break turned into a 1.5 hour lunch break. I don’t know whether to laugh about the whole thing or cry. :hissy:

Oh my gosh!! What a MESS!! At this time of year, turning the hose on... must be cold!

Gosh.. let's hope the rest of your day goes better.

That sucks! If it makes you feel any better, that is totally something I would do. I seem to always make bad situations worse. I'd probably get it in my hair too! LOL. I hope the rest of your day goes alot better. :)

Really sorry hon but I had to chuckle at you wiping the molasses through your hair!!

Hope your day gets better. xx

Oh dear - you poor thing!!

Love your Paddington Bear pic, BTW :)

Oh boy, that's bad...but sounds like an episode out of my life actually.

Oh boy, that's bad...but sounds like an episode out of my life actually.

After discussing the whole thing with my sister, we both came to the conclusion that it could easily be a scene right out of a Ben Stiller movie :haha:

Oh dear - you poor thing!!

Love your Paddington Bear pic, BTW :)

Thanks! I've convinced DH that while we're in London we need to go to Hamleys so I can buy a Paddington Bear for the baby :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->