OT- Stretch Mark removal?

Char.due.jan

Mummy to Luke
Reaction score
Has anyone had the procedure? It's a laser procedure with hardly any recovery time. I've been researching and the Harley Medical Group do it. But obviously theres nothing about costs on their website, its all 'book a consultation'. So I was just wondering how much it is and also if anyones had it done and found it worked. My stretch marks are seriously getting me down and along with my weight it's making me' seriously depressed :/

Have you tried a more natural method? Like bio oil? They do fade eventually and your LO is only a month old! It will take time but I'd imagine the prices would be very high.

Also they recommend 5 bookings to get optimum reactions and that will be a lot.
I'd just be afraid it wouldn't work

Ive slathered myself in it twice a day since I found out I was pregnant. I go through bottles of it in a week :( I suppose I'll persevere. I was just asking in case I win the lottery tonight haha!

I know, id be scared it wouldn't work either. It's just horrible to know my bikini days are over and I'm only 17!

Can I ask if you have stretch marks and if they've faded? I have them on my boobs, tummy and really bad on my thighs and calves!

I was the same after I had my first child. They were terrible and I was covered in them.

I started to use bio oil and it did help, but they also fade with time too.

Also do you want more children? If you did I would probably wait until you don't want anymore.

Mine are hardly noticeable now and Harrison is only 19 wks xxx

hi

i hate mine 2 but in 6 months mine have
got a lot thinner and less noticable on tummy but my thighs are horrable i got strechmarks all over them

I know, id be scared it wouldn't work either. It's just horrible to know my bikini days are over and I'm only 17!

Can I ask if you have stretch marks and if they've faded? I have them on my boobs, tummy and really bad on my thighs and calves!

My stomach is like a road map. Honestly it's hard to find a space where there isn't one.

bio oil etc might help the skin but it won't touch the stretch marks. there is a cream available on presciption called retin-a which will help, but i'm not sure how often they prescribe it.

laser surgery will definitely help but i think it's usually £3-600 and results depend on where you go. just remember that nothing will make them disappear completely, just reduce them, so decide whether the cost is worth it or not. obviously they won't disappear on their own but they will fade drastically over the next few months i promise!

I got terrible stretchmarks after my first ten years ago (tummy, boobs, bum, thighs - I looked like crepe paper!!), I promise they do fade in time and are hardly noticable (and also you've only just had lo - give it some time). With my second pregnancy I didn't get any new ones and the old ones didn't re-appear. Try a moisturiser with fake tan in (Dove / Johnsons etc) a tan always makes you feel better and will make them less noticible for now xx

Im 10 months pp and my stretch marks have faded alot,due to tanning and weightloss. But,to me,they are still very noticible. Stretchmarks never ever go away and all the laser treatment does is tone down the purpleness off the marks but they will still be there,just a silvery white xx

My brother had it done...........well he was having birth mark removal and they done his stretch marks at the same time. His are on his arms from weight training. It hasnt worked very well at all. BUT they done his while they were quite new. They werent old or faded like mine! :) So I'm not sure if that would affect the results.
Before then I was adament I was going to have laser surg on mine, now i'm not that confident in the results so I'm just going to put up with mine. I've had them so long now I'm used to them.
I use fake tan sometimes and it improves how they look. x

Thanks :) it seems silly to have it done then if its not likely to work. Hmm if a tan reduces them maybe the sunbeds will help (unhealthy I know)
Urgh I just feel so unattractive :/

in all honesty i would leave them and let your body try to heal and fade naturally, and the point one poster made about if you wanted more kids you should wait it out is pretty logical. but if you've made your mind up have you heard of a micro derma roller? from what i've heard it's great for skin and tissue renewal (scars, stretchmarks etc) and the harley medical group do this. wont be much cheaper than a laser treatment though

Has anyone had the procedure? It's a laser procedure with hardly any recovery time. I've been researching and the Harley Medical Group do it. But obviously theres nothing about costs on their website, its all 'book a consultation'. So I was just wondering how much it is and also if anyones had it done and found it worked. My stretch marks are seriously getting me down and along with my weight it's making me' seriously depressed :/

I also have some deeper stretch marks from my first caring time and getting a cancerous stretch marks. I wasn't expecting any miracles with the older, deeper stretch marks, but I was hopeful that this dermelastic serum product would fade the more superficial stretch marks.

I got my first bit of stretch marks during puberty-thighs and hips. It's normal. During pregnancy, I got a few more on my thighs and hips, nothing too bad; I lucked out and only got a few small ones starting on my tummy, and with fading, they won't really be noticeable. My spouse has some that are worse than any I've got from puberty or pregnancy from working out and building muscle mass.

I would go in for a consult; why not? Also, if that might not work, look for some over the counter options that help to fade the colour. I wouldn't consider going under the laser unless the size of the marks were really long or thick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->