OT..worried about son going on school trip

kell

Reaction score
My little boy (4) is supposed to be going to a panto with the school next week, they'll be going on a coach. I'm not sure if I should let him go

This morning when I dropped him off a little lad went running out the classroom door and out of the playground looking for his mum, luckily she was only just outside the main gates but the point is the teachers had no idea he'd gone!! They were too busy nattering to notice him run off.

Really made me think, don't think I'm comfortable with Tyler going all that way without me if there's a risk he'll get lost!

could you drive him there and back

if its going to stress you then dont send him. I wouldnt and I have kept mine back before. I know schools are hot on health and safety when out but it was not worth the stress x

Thanks ladies. I don't drive unfortunately otherwise I would. Midnight, I probably will keep him home. He has the school christmas play and party etc to go to over the next couple of weeks so its not like he's missing out on everything I suppose x

Thanks ladies. I don't drive unfortunately otherwise I would. Midnight, I probably will keep him home. He has the school christmas play and party etc to go to over the next couple of weeks so its not like he's missing out on everything I suppose x

I am exactly the same! My sons school didnt reassure me enough for the trip he had further in the year. I just didnt have a good feeling about it so he didnt go. He didnt miss out anyway and like you said your sons busy this week. I would talk to the school and see how you feel but dont do anything your not at all comfortable with x

That is worrying, but school's have to have a certain number of teachers per certain number of pupils on a trip, so everything is normally really under control. Also, is there any chance of you going allowing as a helper? I know parents can do that at my local primary school :)

I can completely understand where you are coming from on this, if you don't feel comfortable then don't let him go, it's not worth the stress for you and he is only young so he will not really realise plus like you say he has other stuff on he can enjoy.

I always say to myself, my little boys are mine and i love them for than anything in the world and if anything happened while they were on a trip i would never forgive myself for letting them go. I know schools etc look after them well and do have enough staff but they cannot possibly watch every child every second and it only takes 1 second for them to run off! i know this mite sound doom and gloom but my little boy was supposed to go a nursery trip to a farm and i just felt there were too many dangers and that he could easily get lost. they dont love him like i do and look after him like i do so i did not let him go.

people said i was awful but i did not care. you have to do what you feel comfortable with and he is only 4, there are plenty of years to come for trips etc when he is older.

xx

To be perfectly honest i dont blame you for not sending him. I did some volunteering in a primary school near me. I chose to not go back after going in once. I expected to have to provide a CRB but instead i was just told to come in and the children were left alone with me. Of course they were perfectly safe with me but what if someone else had gone to volunteer and they had done the same and they werent so safe? I chose not to go back there because i felt like the parents were being betrayed by the school by having me in there. Of course id never do anything but any parent who knew a stranger had been let in would be in a total state and not want their child going back. Which i totally understand as i wouldnt want it happening where i sent my own daughter when shes of school age.

To be perfectly honest i dont blame you for not sending him. I did some volunteering in a primary school near me. I chose to not go back after going in once. I expected to have to provide a CRB but instead i was just told to come in and the children were left alone with me. Of course they were perfectly safe with me but what if someone else had gone to volunteer and they had done the same and they werent so safe? I chose not to go back there because i felt like the parents were being betrayed by the school by having me in there. Of course id never do anything but any parent who knew a stranger had been let in would be in a total state and not want their child going back. Which i totally understand as i wouldnt want it happening where i sent my own daughter when shes of school age.

Thats bad. I had to be CRB checked to even be a reading helper! x

Yeah I can't believe they didn't insist on a CRB check, even to be a helper on school trips or in the nursery here you have to have one - and nobody would even be left alone with children doing that!

Yeah i didnt see it as being right! I went to enquire about it and figured they would either tell me to get crb done or arrange for it to be done. But nothing! Was just told to go in the next friday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->