OT

JASMAK

Mom of three
Reaction score
The Child Development Centre phoned yesterday. Makena has been on a waitlist for OT since forever. She finally got in. I spoke to the lady on the phone. She is a different lady than the one who did Makena's original assessment in prep for her autism assessment way back when. I hated the other lady, but this lady seems so nice. We chatted on the phone and I felt like I could talk to her for days. I am so excited. She says that she is going to work on Makena's self-help skills...including, POTTY TRAINING!!! YAY!!!!:happydance: Also some other things such as dressing, using a fork (Makena can't yet), putting shoes on, attention span, and those types of things. I am so excited. She is coming to the team meeting on December 10 at my house. Now the team includes Makena's behaviour analyst, interventionist, support worker (for preschool), speech pathologist, and occupational therapist. It is going to be a full house!!!

Thats great news hun! all sounds very positive!
It so much nicer when you can connect with the health care workers.

We go to see the OT for the first time on Monday

fab news! I am so glad you found one you like too! It is a nightmare when you dont get on with someone looking after your child's health. Best of luck with it!

SO happy for you xx
They are defenately one perosn its nice if you like them xx I love Matilda's OT xx
Can they not do the Team Meeting at a local centre Matildas are always held at our local childrens centre which just so happens is only down the street but if there is going to be a few people might be worth asking xx

Everyone does everything at our house. I wanted it that way in the beginning and it was one of the requirements for me to hire people just because I have a son in kindergarten, and so since that is only 2.5 hours a day, it is so hard to go anywhere for meetings, etc. So they all come here. That's OK...it will be full, but I have enough room at my kitchen table (just) and it is only once in awhile that they will all be here.

good luck!
i am studying Occupational Therpay at uni and did a 2nd year placement at Paeds and loved it. really helps to change people's lives.

:hug:

Well as long as you are happy with everyone at home xx I have both people who come to mine and people I have to go and and see but must admit the miles and petrol bills soon mount up xxx
I bet it is lovely to studying something like OT x Id love to do a course where you feel like you are giving something back.
Im thinking of going to college to do my counselling qualifications and I would like to work with the hospital and people who find out their children are poorly xx I was doing a course through Open University but it was soooo hard to do without going to college and just had no time to studying but my mum says she will have matilda for me so I can go one night a week which might be nice to get out and meet other adults over than all matildas medical people xx SO definately thinking of starting in January xx

Well as long as you are happy with everyone at home xx I have both people who come to mine and people I have to go and and see but must admit the miles and petrol bills soon mount up xxx
I bet it is lovely to studying something like OT x Id love to do a course where you feel like you are giving something back.
Im thinking of going to college to do my counselling qualifications and I would like to work with the hospital and people who find out their children are poorly xx I was doing a course through Open University but it was soooo hard to do without going to college and just had no time to studying but my mum says she will have matilda for me so I can go one night a week which might be nice to get out and meet other adults over than all matildas medical people xx SO definately thinking of starting in January xx

Wehad one behavioural analyst who lived about 2 hours away, and we were expected to travel to her. Well, the gas and the food (because usually we ended up at least getting a snack while there, if not a full meal) it just adds up. So, now we have a lady who lives an hour and a half away, but she does not expect us to travel. She comes to us. With Jasper in kindergarten for 1/2 days too...it is just way easier.

i go to uni two nights a week - i find it very very hard finding time to study. People arent so willing to babysit when you are around! doh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->