Other half in other room ...

Izzie74

Reaction score
I love my DH very much, but tonight he is in the other room and feeding / looking after lo is so much easier! Last week my mum was staying and DH was in bed with me. Every time baby murmured or needed feeding / changing he would puff and sigh. We are both very tired, but I started to resent him lying there sleeping while I sat up feeding. Tonight I have bed to myself so can pull pillows where I want them, have bibs all over bed, tv remote to hand and I just feel more relaxed. Oh dear...feeling guilty for rejoicing he is in other room tonight...

Awww don't feel bad. He is probably sleeping better too and will be much more use in the morning. He may even be able to watch baby while you get an xtra hour in bed.

You are so right. That is exactly what he did! We both feel better today, so it was worth the middle of the night guilt trip!

Oh my god it REALLY does my head in when my OH huffs and puffs because he's been momentarily disturbed while I'm feeding her! Especially back when she'd have more than one night feed.. I used to get so mad at him! He never even knew he was doing it though! Or so he said.. haha..

My husband spent about a month sleeping in the other room at one point. DS2 had reflux and so used to be quite unsettled after feeds. Even though I did all the feeding, rocking, walking around etc, DH would sometimes complain of a headache because of disturbed sleep, so I suggested that he sleep in the spare room. He had an undisturbed night so could get up with DS1 when he woke at some stupid hour. It used to annoy me that DH was fast asleep while I was up multiple times a night but didn't bother me if he wasn't in the same room, and I appreciated the help in the mornings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->