Other people's newborns...

zoefromsussex

Mother
Reaction score
Does anybody else here find it upsetting seeing friends with their newborns when you've lost your own baby? Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want anybody else to go through the pain of a loss but I just can't help feeling its like rubbing salt in the wound! Quite a lot of couples we know are expecting this year and I'm finding it hard as one by one their babies are born. Its been the worst year of my life by far, as on top of losing our baby boy, my dad's been diagnosed with cancer. Sorry such a self-pitying post but I'm feeling really down today. Just want to conceive again :sad2:

I know how you feel. My cousins baby was due 3 weeks before mine and i just ofund out that my other cousins gf is expecting what would of been 2 weeks after me.

So at xmas theyll both have their babies and i should of had mine there too. I wouldnt wish losing a baby on anyone but it makes you feel so raw. I can't wait to get a stciky BFP and hold my baby either!

Thanks, glad its not just me! I feel guilty for being so envious but I just can't help it. I get so angry when I hear of people moaning about accidental pregnancies as well!
We're trying again but god knows how long it will take. I think I'll throw a party when we get that bfp!!! xx

Same, friends had their LO the week we mc, they have invited us round but I dont want to go. Also one of my best buddies si expecting 2 mths before I was due, she lives away. I find it hard to talk with her.

My cousin is expecting his first same month as we were, they live away so again lucky that I dont see them.

Its rubbish, sorry about your Dad, why does everything come at once its just all doom and gloom at the moment.

x

The week you mc? That's harsh! I guess its hard in a way for all the people we know who've had babies as they probably feel awkward around us.
You're right about it all happening at once! This year has been awful.
Are you ttc again now? We are but I'm getting so impatient. I want it to happen NOW!!! xx

Right there with you all. My 17 year old sister in law just gave birth to a very beautiful little girl on March 25th. So everytime I attend a family event I am reminded of what I don't have. The sad part about it is she can't even care for the baby, DH and I are the ones buying baby items for a baby that isn't even our own. Don't get me wrong I love Kaydence to death, but just isn't fair that some one who is stable can't have a child but some one who doesn't have or want a job has a newborn. Go figure!!!!

Not ttc yet (although I really want to) still got retained products and waiting for AF to arrive. Ive had conflicting views from the docs I have seen one said wait 6 months (NO WAY) another 3 mths and another after 1 normal cycle.

I really want my BFP before october due date.

hi zoe didnt want to read and run. my thoughts are with you honey lots of hugs and love x sylv x

Zoe, im surrounded by newborns and preggos...!!!! Seems like every Sat night we go out and someone is announcing a new pregnancy!!! I have a party to attend this Sat and im 100% sure an announcement will occur!!!! Lets not forget all the baby pics that come out all at once....This is the hardest for me...

Bluesky: I said no way to waiting 6 months too!!! That's just too long to wait, isn't it? How did they find out about retained products? I've been really anxious about that as we weren't given any advice after we lost George. One gp recommended waiting at least one month but preferably two. I'm the same as you in that I really want my bfp before my due date (was due in aug)

Robin: I know exactly what you mean. I get soooo annoyed hearing of girls who can barely look after themselves let alone a newborn! There is just no fairness whatsoever, is there?

Sylv: Thanks for the message. How are things with you? xx

:hug: i think we all feel the same, you are not alone.

Sorry to hear about your dad too. My dad has just been diagnosed with liver failure :cry:

Wishing you a speedy :bfp:

Yes Zoe 6 months is such a long time (Although he was a senior consultant in the EPU so I guess he does know what he is talking about)

I have had 5 scans since the mmc as kept bleeding after the med managment. yesterday they said there is still some left and I am still getting a BFP which is heartbreaking. just waiting and waiting for it to remove itself.

I really hope you get your BFP before august. :hugs:
x

Vicky, its awful isn't it?! I thank my lucky stars for my little girl (she's nearly 4) because she gives me a focus and I tell myself that without her (and my lovely husband) it would be so much harder to deal with. Well fingers crossed you'll soon be able to announce some happy news of your own xx

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tickers/cycle.png?d=1272603600;0;25;28

I know the feeling, not only have me and OH lost our baby boy, his mums cancer is back and following her being in remission for a year and its to advanced to treat now. Two girls in my work, one who is due same day i was and one who gave birth a couple of weeks ago. Everywhere i go is pregnant woman and new borns :cry:

My sister in law announced her 1st pregnancy, 8 days after I miscarried, with virtually the same due date as me.

I never really got over that & I've only been to see her & the baby once since she gave birth. I feel really gulity as she's 9 months old now :(

Yep I know how you feel my sister is law is pregnant with her second child and her baby is due three days after my little one would of been due just found out a friend of my husband is pregnant with her second child due in Novemeber our little one would of been due Oct when he told me I just burst into tears feel low at the moment as tomorrow I would of been 20 weeks and I just keep thinking about my little one and where I should be. It's so hard I'm not to bad with seeing babies but seeing pregnant women kills me.

:hugs: to you all

just wanted to send hugs to all you brave and strong women :hugs: x

Lucyj, i should also be 20 weeks tomorrow, was due 9th october, its horrible we should be half way there by now...but we're not :cry:

:hugs: I'm so sorry about your loss and about your father. I found out my father's prostate cancer came back from remission not long after I lost my daughter, so I know the feeling of having it hit you all at once. Dad's in radiation treatment now and hopefully that will help - I hope there's something the doctors can do for your dad as well.

And yes, it's hard with all those newborns. I had two acquaintances due the same month as me, and they're both talking about their beautiful fantastic kids all the time in FB - kids that are doing what my little girl would be doing. I got pregnant two cycles ago and miscarried shortly before six weeks - have another friend who's due three days before I would have been, so now I'm bracing for round two. I just want to hide under my desk for a hundred years. So no, you're not alone. :hugs:

Mummy2angel I was due the 8th Oct, today should of been such a happy day for my husband and I its his birthday on Monday I just feel like I've let him down. Feel so bad today so sad and angry it's just not fair and I was doing so much better but today has just hit me hard. Hope your doing okay big :hugs:

im sorry for all of your losses. last week i was invited to my sister in laws baby shower for her third. i didnt go because it hurt too much to be around pregnant women and im sure it will only get worse after her daughter is born sometime within the next couple of weeks. hope everyone is doing ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->