Ouch! Gestone side effects - advice

Lacroix

Reaction score
Hello ladies

Am after some advice if at all possible? I started gestone injections yesterday to support FET this week and I am getting pretty chronic pain and soreness around the injection site but worse in the muscle itself. Feels really bruised and like I have been kicked around a bit.

Has anyone else experienced similar discomfort and do you have any advice to relieve the pain? I would really appreciate it!

In hopeful anticipation!! :) :cry:

I feel your pain. I started Gest 3 days before transfer and I don't know till how long I have to continue( it is more then 1 month since I am taking Gest and I guess I have to continue till 12 weeks of pregnancy ) . The injection site will became hard and sore so you have to rub the site after taking the injection. Also I take cold compress and then hot compress for an hour, it reduces the pain a lot. And one more important thing, if the Gest is cold it is more painful since it is oil based and it becomes thick. You can rub the vile with both your hands so that it becomes warm or keep it outside the fridge for 10-15 mins before taking the injection. Hope it helps. Be brave, it will pass.

Thank you so much coolstar!

I have been warming up the vials but literally had no other tips to try, so I will definitely try varying hot and cold compresses and get DH to massage the injection site afterwards.

And thank you for the words of encouragement, I have been telling myself to just get on with it and focus on the sunshine at the end of tunnel. I would be happy to carry on doing this for 12 weeks if it meant we have our bfp!

Fingers crossed our little defrosted embies keep developing over the next few days.

Xxx

I am keeping my fingers xed for your BFP. In the end it's really worth every pain. Lots of baby dust to you. And try not to stress Hun !!

Words of wisdom coolstar!

Another related question for you (sorry!!) did you have any cramping with gestone before transfer? I have been injecting since Saturday and the cramping just started today - not like avf day 1 cramping, more like the warning cramps I get within the week before.

I can't tell if it's the gestone or the progynova tablets causing it (clinic seemed to think the latter and just the lining thickening up) but given that I am not scheduled for transfer until Thursday, it just got me thinking a bit.

Any shares would be most welcome!

Xx

Lacroix, even I was and still taking progynova . I did not have any stomach cramping before transfer but did have crampings in my leg and the doctor said it was because of estrogen/ progynova . My doc advised me to take potassium rich food like banana and drink coconut water. I started drinking coconut water and the cramps were gone within 24hrs. You can try, even if it doesn't help it won't hurt you its all natural.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->