Ouch! My Legs Hurt!!

1sttimemama2b

Reaction score
I started having the infamous leg cramps a few weeks ago. Just when I thought I would be able to get away with missing one lovely pregnancy symptom :wacko:.

Mostly the cramps happen at night. Recently I went on a long trip (plane ride) and my legs really began to ache on the plane. I got up every 30 mins (as my Ob recommended) to stretch and walk a bit, and I also stretched my feet/calves in my seat. Since the flight (a few days ago) my legs continue to be really achy. I've been exercising/walking everyday for about 30 minutes and I am wondering if this is aggravating things, even though they say exercise is supposed to help.

I'm not sure what to do...I will call my DR. if it doesnt get better tomorrow. I feel like the pain is a dull ache that doesn't go away and isn't concentrated in one specific area. I also think it's radiating from my lower back and hips all the way down my leg. My quad and hip hurt the worst right now but calves are really tight too. What else can I do? I'm afraid to take a bath and have it be too hot. But I will just stick my legs in.

Anyone else have this?

I had leg cramps with my first and now with my second too, started at around 23 weeks.:dohh:

I end up jumping out of bed in the middle of the night and then falling into a heap on the floor because I couldn't feel my leg/foot and couldn't straighten it out.....I can laugh now but at the time it's really painful :haha:

I'm sure I read somewhere or soemone told me it can be caused by a lack of potassium. Maybe try to eat potassium rich food, I find bananas help, but I'm not that keen on them so I only eat them if the cramps start to get frequent. :hugs:

oh my - this is a pregnancy thing??? I woke up my OH this morning, yelping about leg cramps as I tried to get out of bed :O

I'm off to have a banana!!

My mum has restless leg syndrome and found that iron supplements helped - but I'm not sure about safe levels in pregnancy so I'm not touching them unless my blood tests say I'm deficient :)

I've had this for about a week too. The first night I was up out of bed every 15-20 mins!! Needless to say I was like a zombie in work!
Someone mentioned bananas to me and it's made a massive difference. I only 1 or 2 mild cramps per night now. I just have a banana before bed. X

ive had these, but they tend to be mostly in my knees. it sucks, and yes i as well have felt them mostly at night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->