Ouchhh! Help! Pain :(

Steph4Lee

Mummy & Expecting
Reaction score
Ladies, Need some advice.. Im in sooo much pain. Its backache right at the bottom of my back and round my hips, its like a constant ache, its always there, Its even worse when Im walking, its very very uncomfortable. Its been getting worse & worse over past few weeks. Night is unbearable, Im tossing & turning all night long, because its just backache all through the night, and its sooo much more intense at night. I keep finding myself asleep on my back because its the only way the pains eased abit, which I know isnt good. Anyone got any ideas on what it is? Or how to ease the pain?

Whereabouts is it exactly - just one side or both - on yr hip, back or bum?

And what kind of pain?
Achy yes, but sharp, stabbing?

When? All the time or just when you move like when you move muscles?

Maybe Sciatica?!

Hi, I think it sounds a lil like sciatica...
I have been suffering too and have it as I type! However, mine has been coming and lasting a few days and then easing again, it also varies on which side it is. The only thing I have found to help is a heat pack on the bottom of my back altho I have deliberately stayed away from painkillers as I would rather not be taking them thru pregnancy.
I know this probably doesn't help much but thort I would let u know ur not on ur own! x

Whereabouts is it exactly - just one side or both - on yr hip, back or bum?

And what kind of pain?
Achy yes, but sharp, stabbing?

When? All the time or just when you move like when you move muscles?

Maybe Sciatica?!

Its awkward to explain its like top of my bump, smack bang in the middle, and its comes round the sides of my hips. I suppose its too low to class as back. So top of bum/hips.

Its not like stabbing, its like sharp, but constantly, It is all the time, alot worse at night & when walking though. Even if Im laid/sat it still aches as much as when walking

Give yr Triage Midwives a call...I did when I had similar sounding pain.

I read up on Sciatica & PGP (pelvic girdle pain). Neither really fit the bill exactly but they were both really similar.

PGP is early pregnancy but felt in the front.
Sciatica is later pregnancy & felt in the buttocks with pain just above & below.

I was 13 weeks & pain at the back so a bit of both. It started off as a niggle & got worse...after 2 weeks I couldn't walk for 3 days. Incredible pain. Then it just eased off & has now gone. midwife said the baby was probably sitting on my sciatic nerve.

It's nothing to worry about - it should go, you just have to be patient.

Hi, I think it sounds a lil like sciatica...
I have been suffering too and have it as I type! However, mine has been coming and lasting a few days and then easing again, it also varies on which side it is. The only thing I have found to help is a heat pack on the bottom of my back altho I have deliberately stayed away from painkillers as I would rather not be taking them thru pregnancy.
I know this probably doesn't help much but thort I would let u know ur not on ur own! x

Yeah a heat pack...funny you mention that, but that's when mine started to go. Steph...if you've got one of those microwave ones, not too hot but lay on that...helped me.

Anything to do with nerves...it can hurt anywhere I guess!! I've always got some pain or another.

I feel for you both...it's really painful. I was told mine is likely to come back if I've suffered once...great!!

Hi, I have been suffering with similar pain. Last night I slept with a pillow between my legs and today the pain has eased so much. It seems to have taken the pressure off my hips.
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->