Our baby boy name choice

Marriedlaydee

Reaction score
Okay so this one is a bit different. At least I think it is very uncommon in England.

So we have almost 100% settled on the name Lincoln if we have a boy. We won't be having a gender scan so it'll be a surprise. I think we will pick a couple more names but Lincoln has sort of struck a chord. I thought of it actually! Its kinda funny as it's comes from my husbands love of the game Zelda he's always been a fan of the male character in it called Link. So he's always joked about calling the baby a name after one of his many game obsessions. he said Link in passing and I said no because it's a bit too odd lol. Then all of a sudden I said 'but Lincoln is a strong name and gives the good excuse to nickname him Linc or Link'.

So it's kinda stuck because it's so cute and has come from a place of my husbands love and my constant poking fun at him for his obsessions. So I love that it's become a bit special and funny.

We will probably pick a back up name in case it just doesn't feel right when the baby comes.

Girls names will be a lot tougher! Lol.

Your opinions are very welcome. We won't he telling friends and family as it just invites them to give their unwanted opinions and doubt your choice.

I'm in UK also and I love it and the nickname. I thought of my DD's name quite early on, her gender was also a surprise but by the time she arrived there was no doubt that was going to be her name (in my mind at least! DH was the only person who knew), she was named almost immediately after she came out. Good job she was a girl because we had zero boy name ideas!

I like it, I think Link as a nn is super cute.

I LOVE the name Lincoln or "Link." I would have used it, but I keep unisex names for all my kids.

I love it. Linc /Link is a cute nickname :)

Cute! I like the idea that your hubby will love it too :)

I LOVE the name Lincoln, mainly because I love "linc the sink" in prison break ;)

I LOVE the name Lincoln, mainly because I love "linc the sink" in prison break ;)

Its funny because I'm a big prison break fan especially with this new series! It wasn't until last week when my husband mentioned that it's a name people use cos they did in prison break....i hadn't even really realised! I suppose he's been Lincoln for so many years I didn't make the association :haha:

I love the name Lincoln. It's on my list for if we have a third baby and it's a boy. Linc is a super cute nickname.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->