Our little one has Necrotizing Enterocolitis :(

lilangele

Mum To Maxime & Jessica!
Reaction score
Well on Christmas day we got a call from the hospital that Maxime has blood in his stool and they were doing more tests and such and came to show he has Necrotizing Enterocolitis https://kidshealth.org/parent/medical/digestive/nec.html now they stopped feeds have him on a breathing machine and on pain meds :cry: Right now he is stable and they do think they caught it early on (thank god)

This has been by far the worst Chrismas i have ever had.

Has anyone else gone though this illness?

hi my 24 and 27 weekers both had this and was treated with meds and no feeds for a bit and recovered well, it is a serious illness but so many babies come through well with meds hun, try not to worry to much even tho its hard not to xx

Eve had it in November, I know how you feel. It's such a worry x

Fynn had this too from birth - he was on TPN and Anit-biotics and no feeds for 10 days then they reintroduced slowly and he was fine. He will be one in three weeks (he is on the right in my sig)

I send you lots and lots of hugs and if you have any questions I will be happy to answer them xxxx

Thanks guys :) So far he is doing well breathing tube is out and all. He is also on Anit-biotics for 10 days then they said slowly feeds again. Boy he looks so much better then the day he got ill. So should be in a day or two they will start feeds.

By far this has been such a roller coaster ride for us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->