Our little Rosie would have been 25 weeks tomorrow - bit of a ramble!

MrsDegu

Reaction score
Its been just over 6 weeks since we lost Rosie at 18 and a half weeks. I'm finally getting to the stage where I can talk about her, although still feel on edge waiting for her cremation date and post mortum results. It was such a shock when we lost her.

I had been admitted to hospital at 8 and 10 weeks due to heavy bleeding but it seemed to have cleared itself up and Rosie was on scans jumping around like a healthy happy baby. Then on Friday 11th may I got some light bleeding. Having had severe bleeding I was not too worried but phoned hospital and was told to pop on just to get things checked. They listened to her heart beat which was fine and asked me to just stay in the day room for a few hours just for observation. After about ten mins I got severe bleeding at which point I was admitted. They did a scan about half 11 and everything was fine, the sonographer mentioned the bleeding might be caused by a bicornorate uterus ( the first time anyone had mentioned this might be a problem!)

Then at about ten past one I started bleeding even more, to the point of near collapse and loss of consousness. By half one little Rosie was born, even the staff seemed truly shocked how quick everything happened. We spent tht afternoon with rosie. I was in hospital for five days having blood transfusions and being monitored, thankfully I avoided surgery and was allowed to eat on the saturday night once they were happy I didn't need any procedures.

Sorry for the ramble, it's hard to find people that understand how much a loss like the can affect you. Rosie was a perfectly formed little girl, our first child but people seem to think you can just forget and move on!

I am so sorry for your loss sweetheart xxxxxxxxx

Im so sorry for your loss. Rosie is such a beautiful name and im sure she is watching over you and knows how much you love her. You're right, its hard to find people who understand because unless you have been through it, theres no way you can understand. At times people have said the most horrible, insensitive things to me and i think its purely down to not understanding how it feels to lose a baby. People seem to think that because my baby boy wasnt full term he wasnt a real baby :( but he was, he was perfect. Like you, me and my partner lost our first baby in february and the grief never goes away - it lessens but it has changed me as a person forever. There is always something missing.

i hope you are ok and i hope that you are finding some comfort as time goes on. Hopefully the hospital will discover what caused this tragedy so that it never happens agian. Sending you lots of hugs - if you ever need somebody to talk to ..... xx

Sorry for your loss. =/ I lost my little girl at 19 weeks and 4 days. I understand how you feel. My dad keeps giving me a talk on how I need to be a survivor as if I'm supposed to get over it. It's aggravating.

I hope you feel better. *hugs*

Hi darling,

I am so sorry for your loss.
it seems like everything was so sudden for you and that doesnt help with any form of acceptance.
i know that cremations are hard, believe me it was one of the worst days of my life, but i promise you it helps. it gives you a tiny bit of closure to know Rosie is with god and has the best angels watching over her.

If you ever want to talk all the women on here understand what you've been through and everyone will support you with the best, and the most honest advice, I'm learning that x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->