Our little surprise arrival. - Scarlett Julie Maria born 14.05.09!!!

bethyb

Expecting our third!!!
Reaction score
Well I finally have my miracle baby - shes asleep in her chair next to me and ive got to say im over the moon!!!

Decided to hit the hay on weds night with a cup of rlt and a pineapple juice in hope of bringing something on and had a bit of a restless sleep, dreaming about it all and that i was in labour.

well woke up for my wee about one and went back to bed, but woke up then at just past two am with slight belly ache so i decided to turn on my laptop and monitor if it was pain or just baby in a funny position, but i felt uncomfy so decided to call my oh at work - he was on a 6-6 shift. i rang him at three to say i thought it would be that day and to keep his phone near him in case i needed him.

well by half three i started to feel contractions coming so i rang him to come home which he did - he only works 5 mins from home and I set out my sheets, as id said I wanted a homebirth.
By half four I decided to ring the midwife, they were about every 8 -10 mins then so I wasnt distressed. some were a bit sharp but nothing major I just felt very sick - which my midwife says can happen as u open up.. I was sick quite a lot with this birth..
she arrived at 5.30 and stayed with us a hour as I was coping well, she decided to pop back to the hospital as I was then 3 cm dilated and they were still about 7-8 mins apart.
I had my tens machine on which was wonderful!!!!!! (Which apart from my bath was my only pain relief!)
Anyway she ran me a bath and I felt very tired after so me and my OH dozed in between contractions - but they had started to get much stronger.
The midwife called at about 7.30 to say she would be aback at 8.30 and if I was ok, which I felt I was. Although walking about was getting to painful and I couldnt use my birthing ball!
midwife got to be at 8.30 and the contractions had really picked up then, i was examined and I was 9 cm!! :)
I gave birth to scarlett with jeremy kyle in the back ground and the hum of the school rush dying off outside! It was so normal and so lovely, I cant begin to describe what a wonderfulo experience it was, and I felt in total control!!
One bloody thing that wasnt wonderful is I had a retained placenta!!! Bloody thing wouldnt come out, so I had to go to hospital rather than get into my bed and they removed it manually rather than by theatre which I really didnt want!
It hurt more than Scarlett coming and I used ga and air then, although Id only used my tens in labour!!!
Well all came away so was released after a bath and I got to have a cup of tea on my sofa a couple of hours later.

Having a home birth was the most magical experience and id recommend it to anyone even with my placenta hiccup, I was in hospital and being dealt with so quickly, beat my hospital birth a million times over.
Scarlett Julie Maria is the icing on our cake and im on cloud nine!

Congratulations! It sounds like you did amazingly! xx

Sounds like a fantastic experience, congratulations x x

Wonderful story, congrats on your homebirth and your beautiful girl!!!

Congratulations - fantastic that you got your home birth :) x

congratulations! How wonderful you got to have your homebirth, bummer about the placenta though :hugs:

Congratulations, what a lovely birth story, apart from the placenta bit but it seems like you took it all in your stride! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->