our M.A.D. Man, Maddox Andrew David

MissyMojo

Army Wife, Mam & BFP
Reaction score
waters went about 6:20 infront of a bunch of trick o treaters, poor kids!! i'd bent down to put the bowl of sweets bk down on the coffee table, and as i stood up and shouted goodbye to the kids i got soaked - cue panic from david who's 1st instinct was to ring for ambulance as he was in such a flap!!! neighour came around to calm him down, while i got changed and grabbed a few towels and spoke to mw, went up to MRS (medical centre) to be checked over by mw, who agreed waters most certainly had "gone" as i soaked her bed during the exam. mw rang the hospital for me, set me up with a tens for the 90 min car ride to the hospital, Really didnt agree with Tens machine and as soon as we parked up i took it off.

Once on ward, about 9pm, was settled into a room contractions were about 10 mins apart and mostly in my back. Given two paracetamol and given 2 sleeping tablets so I could try and rest.

by 1am it was clear sleep wasnt going to happen as walking bk n forth to the loo was the only time i had relief from the contractions, was given some diamorphine to see if it helped (it did :D)

6am -examined and was 4cm, contractions every 5 mins and still in my back - nudger only just starting to engage - and still back to back, only relief was when on my knees leaning over a bean bag, was given gas and air to try and help relive pain,

10am -getting there!!! 6-7cms! was moved to delivery rooms, and tried to have a bath - impossible - inbetween contractions it was lovely but as soon as i had a contraction, needed to stand up or get onto my knees as it was hurting so much - nudger was STILL back to back,

was examined about 1ish and was 9m, and then i moved onto the toilet! glamourous i kno!! but it was the only place i could get comfortable with the pains being all in my back, had a birthing ball infront of me and i leant over it and rested on it inbetween contractions, i have no idea how fast they were coming by this point, all i know is i kept telling them i needed to poo, and i started talking random rubbish at david!! gas & air = nonsense from me :)

by 3:30/4ish i was feeling like i Really REALLY had to poo - and kept telling the mw, who said it was normal and to relax, i kept bearing down at this point and mw was like ooohhh, your nearly crowning can u get onto the bed!! - it was the longest most painful 15 steps of my life!

once on the bed, they raised the back up for me and i hung over it and clung to the handles for dear life - i couldnt focus enough to use the gas and air at this point, Davi got gloved up and into the thick of it (knew he would!) kept kissing the bottom of my back telling me i was fantastic, mw guided me through telling me when to push and when to pant, and at 16:27 Maddox Andrew David came into the world,straight into daddies waiting hands weighing 6lbs7 and crying.

David got to tell me it was a boy, cut the cord and did all of Maddoxs clean up, put on the scales the lot, i was soo shattered i wasnt ready for a cuddle, so daddy sat in the armchair with him all wrapped up and just smiled!

David was soo amazing throughout, constantly telling me i doing well, and how proud he was of me for being relatively quiet until the last hour, i only swore 3/4 times apparently!

Cant Believe we made and he's here :D:happydance:

Congrats Missy! :hugs:
He is much too cute. LOVE his name!

congraulations again. He is lovely xx

what a lovely story hun! it seems everything was perfect! if only mine is as good as yours. you did great!

Oh hun I am so proud of you. Welcome to Mummyhood! You are a superstar and a wonderful person and you will be a natural. Love you :hugs:

Congratulations! He's lovely :flower: xx

aw that story is lovely hun well done he is gawjus xxxxx

That's lovely, Jo! :hugs: Well done! He's beautiful!

What a wonderful birth story, it sounded like you coped so well! Congrats on the birth of Maddox - I love his name!

Maddox decided to test how much boobie juice he could get last night!!

fed 4-5pm 6-7pm, 8:30-9 11-12. 1-1:30am 3(15 mins) 5-5:30, 8-8:30

so im a wincy bit tired and my boobs are sore, but hes soo content in his moses this morning its fine,

Maddox is wearing tiny baby clothes, as newborn is a bit on the big side lol, im so grateful i took up a neighbours offer of a big bag of clothes when she got posted off island, as it means i have a decent range of tiny baby, newborn and 0-3m in blue, wont need to buy anything at all for a long while!! - but i still will

Well done again Jo - he's a little heartbreaker and you're a star. xxx

Missy, sorry I missed this Hun, congratulations!!!! :happydance:

Sounds like you did a fab job and baby Maddox is gorgeous, well done you :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back