Our much longed for 2010 baby is here! :) not quite the birth Id thought it'd be!

emma2810

Mummy to 2 boys :)
Reaction score
Hi girls well Jacob is now 1 week old so thought I'd best do a birth announcement...

Last Sunday I walked around the metro centre for 3 hours,then spent 20mins bouncing on the birthing ball in the hope baby might start to engage as the little bugger had moved back up.
Updated my journal on the night saying no signs of anything happening and went to bed!

Woke up at 2:55am to go to the loo and felt a trickle but thought 'hmm you are 38weeks pregnant maybe you should of just got up sooner to go to the loo':haha: but after having a wee and standing up I soon realised it was definitely my waters as there was now a nice puddle on the bathroom floor :)

Went to the hospital at 3:15am got examined-yes it is your waters,go home come back tomorrow evening for monitoring-get induced on Wed.
Got home,went in the bath-started getting pains every 4-5minutes-took paracetamol,stayed in the bath a bit longer and the pain became unbearable.Andrew rang the hospital and the midwife didnt seem keen on us coming back as she thought it would be a while before anything happened but 'if I really needed pain relief Id best go in' got to the hospital for 5:30-examined-9CM DILATED!!!!:thumbup:

So started on the gas and air,had the most horrific back pain!tried eaning over the top of the bed but that didnt help.
MW asked me to try and have a wee as I hadnt had one since my waters broke(now about 8:20) got up to go to the toilet-sat on the loo and got the urge to push!:dohh: stood up a bit with Andrew holding my weight and one foot on the toilet,started to push!(oh my god I forgot how much THAT hurt!)his head came out pretty quickly but his shoulders were stuck for another 2 contractions :cry: after lots of hard work baby Jacob was born (over the toilet):haha:at 8:32am 11/10/10 weighing 8lb 3oz.(bit of a shock when your last one was 4lb 3!)
He came out with the cord around his neck,blue and to me-looked lifeless... it seemed like forever we stood waiting for him to cry-but he did!:cloud9:

He was all battered and bruised from his head being out while his shoulders were stuck.but is otherwise fine

:cloud9:

Attachments

• jacob.jpg
    jacob.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 27
  • jake.jpg
    jake.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 30
Congratulations! Wow, that's a birth and a half! I'm glad that he is ok. He's absolutely gorgeous :hugs:

Oh wow! What a super quick labour you had over the loo! Bless ya!:flower:

A very good size to for 38 weeks :thumbup::thumbup:

Well done huni:hugs:

xx

omg, you gave birth over the toilet???

your son is absolutely precious, congrats.

congrats :)

and what a birth story! glad to hear all is well now

your dilation was so quick! he's beautiful, congratulations :)

Congrats on your LO. This is "shoulder dystocia", very rare, my son had it as well. Glad to hear he is doing well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->