Our Prince has arrived! Alexander Jacob 10/17/2011

Dolphinz4

Mommy to a Prince
Reaction score
I can't bel;ive I am making a birth announcement! Seems like only yesterday I found out I was pregnant! These last 9 months went by pretty quickly now that I look back!
My story starts on Sunday 10/16/11 I was induced at 39 weeks- Mainly because I was getting really big and super uncomfortable- My hands were so numb I could not do anything! Plus the pain on my legs was turning pretty unbearable!
They put up some kind of device/ kind of like a small tampon up my cervix- I forgot what it was called- It was suppose to ripen my cervix. They had to leave it for 12 hours so they told me to go ahead and try to sleep. Around midnight, I started getting the worst contractions- They were so close together that they seemed to never pause. There was no way I could lay that would make it comfortable. I think I managed about 2 hours of sleep. The next morning, the nurse checked me, and I was 3-4CM dilated! I was so excited because I made alot of progress overnight! Then, they put me on pitocin and broke my water around 10am- The contractions were very intense, but I got a break between them (unlike the ones I felt the night before) I quickly asked for my Epidural. What a wonderful relief! I tried to catch up on some sleep, but I couldn't- The Epi started to act up, and it was only working on my left side. The anesthesiologist had to re-do it.
I think around noon I had dilated to about 7- I was excited that I was making progress. When they checked me again at 2, I was still 7.....The doctor came in to see me around 3pm, and he told me that I was not progressing even though I was having contractions that were close to 1 minute apart. He wanted to wait a bit to see if I would progressed, but he also said that the baby's head had "coned" meaning it was in the cervix for a long time and started to cone his head.
Finally around 5pm they checked me again, and I was still 7CM, The Dr said that he does not want to rick the baby being in distress and also the risk of an infection. So they prepped me for a C-section. At this point I was sooo tired and loopy that I don't remember much. I do remember feeling alot more than I should have when they started the section. Finally at 5:52pm my beautiful baby boy Alexander was born! He wasn't crying properly, and the nurse said he might had a little more fluid than they would like him to have so they took him to the nursery along with my hubby.
They took me to recovery, and I was waiting to be taken to my room. When I got to the room, the nurse came in and explained that they had to put my LO in NICU because he was having some issues breathing due to all the fluid left in his lungs. They did some blood work and it turns out that he had an infection as well. They put him in antibiotics and they kept him for 7 days- I was discharged 3 days after his birth, so I spent 4 days going back and forth to the hospital to visit my little man.
This journal has been soooo difficult for me! I feel like something was taken from me- Like the experience of being able to have the baby in your room while you recover, and having friends and family members being able to hold him in the hospital while they visit. At the same time I am so grateful that he is doing so well! He was discharged yesterday and we cannot be happier to have him home. He is absolutely amazing! All those things they say about becoming a mommy are true! You do fall madly in love with this little person! I would do anything for him!

Alexander BDAY 010.jpg
Alexander BDAY 020.jpg
Alexander BDAY 032.jpg

Lovely little baby youve got there laura hes adorable, Sorry to hear about him having to stay in Nicu but hes home now, enjoy every minute xxx

Ahh what a gorgeous little man Laura! Sorry to hear about his infection and stay in hospital but glad hes home now so enjoy every min of it :hugs: x

Laura he is so beautiful :cloud9: and what a nice healthy size!

Sorry the birth didn't go to plan hun & glad you're both doing well now :D xxx

George says hi Alexander! :wave:

Glad your home now! What a gorgeous handsome little man you've got!

I Love the pictures! X

He is such a doll!! Congrats on your sweet baby boy.

congrats!! sorry things were so rough for you in the beginning. glad you are all together home safe and sound and healthy!! :flower:

He's beautiful! Well done - sounds like a long and difficult journey to get your wee man home safe. Congratulations x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->