Our short lists - what do you think?

Boo44

Mummy of 2 boys
Reaction score
I've commented on so many name lists here that I thought its about time I asked for opinions on ours!

We have no idea what we're having, and these are 'long' lists ie I can't really get my husband to show much interest just yet as he says it's still a long way away, lol

Boys

George (my favourite)
Henry (hubby's favourite, I'm not sure at all)
Harry (my dad's name and I love it but my DS is only 1 and already has 2 good friends with this name so I think it's just too popular)
Frederick (he would be Freddie or Fred but OH likes full names on birth certificates)
Benjamin
Arthur

I was thinking Frederick George or George Harry perhaps...

Girls

Lily (a long time favourite of mine)
Olivia (we would also call her Livvy or Liv)
Evelyn (pronounced Ever-linn but I think people would automatically say 'eve-linn' and I don't like Eva or Evie for nn's as they are so over-used right now)
Ella
Grace
Ada (just saw this on someone else's list!)
Daisy

Her middle name would definitely be Martha after my grandma and lots of these don't sound quite right with that. If I get a girl I really like pretty girly names best

Any ideas welcome :)

Boys

George - 10/10 Love it! My brother's name so I could be biased :haha:
Henry - 6/10 Not so sure but it could be a full name with Harry as nn. It's a compromise :shrug:
Harry - 9/10 Lovely name but like you say it's becoming popular. ^ Could solve the problem?
Frederick - 5/10 Not a fan myself but I do like Freddie as a nn.
Benjamin - 10/10 Love it! Lots of good nn option with this
Arthur - 6/10 Not a big fan but Artie would be a cute nn

I prefer Frederick George of your two picks, George Harry doesn't flow as well for me.

My pick would be: Benjamin Arthur or Henry George

Girls

Lily - 10/10 Love it! It's simple and classic. Beautiful.
Olivia - 9/10 Lovely name. Personally I prefer Liv/Livvy to Olivia
Evelyn - 10/10 Love love love it! This was on our list (same pronounciation) We were thinking Evelyn Elizabeth
Ella - 9/10 Beautiful but it is becoming quite popular. I've seen it a few times on here recently
Grace - 9/10 Again a classic name but is also a well used name
Ada - 8/10 Lovely vintage name just not my cup of tea (I had a great aunt Ada. We did NOT get on :wacko:)
Daisy - 6/10 It's nice but again not for me. Maybe just because our family have had both a cat and a dog with this name!

Martha - 10/10 Love it! Beautiful middle!

My pick would be: Lily Martha or Evelyn Martha
(the names ending with 'ah' sounds don't seem to flow as well to me)

Overall lovely traditional names. Good picks :thumbup: xx

Boys

George - about to become very popular
Henry - Henry and Harry are the same name, like Will and Bill
Harry - very popular
Frederick - interesting and not overused
Benjamin - ok, seems to be making a come back
Arthur - classic, but would need a nickname for a child inho

Frederick Arthur would be cool and unique
or
Henry George if you dont mind really popular names (please use Henry not Harry there are millions of little Harrys around here)

Girls

Lily - cute but becoming quite popular
Olivia - very popular
Evelyn - I would avoid if you dont like the nicknames
Ella - classy and timeless
Grace - personally I hate this, its incredibly over used
Ada - nice, very classic again
Daisy - not a real name imho

Ella Martha
or
Ada Martha

both are cute and classic

I love Everlyn for a girl and that would avoid the pronunciation problem :)
Also love Lily or Lilianne

Boys I think George Henry is so cute, both your favourites! :thumbup:

Thanks girls! Pippi i think Lily Martha is my favourite too! Just can't imagine myself having a girl :)

It is gorgeous isn't it!

You never know. I was convinced I wasn't going to have a boy after two girls but then Ollie turned up! :shrug:

I freaked out for a while though. How the hell do you deal with a boy?!?!?! :haha:

Haha, two girls then a boy is what I always said I wanted when I was growing up :) lucky you! Now I have my gorgeous son and this one only 18 months after, I think I'll be stopping at 2 no matter the sex :)

I always wanted 3 (Izzy is not with us but I still count her as here :)) but now we've had them I've gone up to 5 :haha: OH put his foot down. A girl and a boy is enough in his opinion lol

Of course she's always there, you still had 2 girls and a boy no matter what!

I like all your names actually. Although that must have been a big coincidence for you when Amelia Lily appeared on the X factor!

Don't talk to me about Amelia frickin Lily!! :rofl:

All I got after that was "did you name her after X Factor?!" NO!!! I am not that sad!!!! :dohh: plus she was born before it anyway :haha:

We tried to pick traditional names that have modern sounding nicknames. That way they have the best of both worlds and they can pick when they're older!

Lol well it was obvious to me that it was nothing to do with it as you can see your girl was born before she was on tv! There's a lady on here with a baby called Rylan and I often wonder if she gets the same thing!

I always wanted 3 (Izzy is not with us but I still count her as here :)) but now we've had them I've gone up to 5 :haha: OH put his foot down. A girl and a boy is enough in his opinion lol

im like this lol it was 2, then 3, then 4 and now 6... trying so hard not to go to 8 lol (although I really want 2 sets of twins lol)

Boo - I bet she does! There's a thread on here about someone wants to name new baby Edward but she already has Alice so everyone will just think Twilight! TV ruins all the good names!!

JJKCB - I'd like twins. My plan is to persuede OH into one more and just pray it's twins (or triplets!) :haha: I'm surprised we haven't really, we both have twins in several generations from mums and dads sides of the family!

We're the opposite, OH wants to keep going but I think I'm done! Must be because he doesn't have to suffer the awful sickness of the first tri xx

First tri?! You're lucky! I was still throwing up the day I gave birth with all of them!
I think OH almost had it harder than I did putting up with all my sickness and mood swings :haha:

im lucky I never had morning sickness (although I did get gastroenteritis at 3 months and had the flu while in labor) I was just constantly hungry

You have awesome taste in names! I love pretty much all the names you've listed but my favourites are Henry (you could go with Henry and still have Harry as it's a nickname of Henry) Fred/Freddie and Arthur (my favourite from your list).
And
Ada and Ella. Lilly is really nice too. So is Daisy :haha:.

Thanks v much!

Ok so I can't stop thinking about 'Ada' now. It's never been a name I'd even thought of but it's right up my street in terms of taste. I just wonder is it 'too old'? And is it one of those flash in the pan names that by next year I'll wonder why I chose it?! Just think its so pretty and slightly different than Ava which is very popular... Mentioned it to OH last night and he didn't mind it which is quite something lol!

Lily has always really been my name. Maybe I should stick with that.

Also Ada doesn't go with Martha which is a dilemma

Ada Lily Martha might work though. Depends on how you feel about 2 middles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->