Our Yellow Bump Turned Pink!!!!

Cupcake_Queen

Mummy of 2...so far! :)
Reaction score
Hiya Ladies!!
Well she is here!! Deryn Lily-May Lloyd was born at 12.30am on Saturday May 21st by emergency C-section!!
Im hoping in a way that writing this out may also help me to come to terms with it, not in a bad way, but it was all a bit of a shock and it hasnt quite sunk in yet!!
My waters broke at 11.30pm on the thursday!! Went up to the birthing centre to be check out and was told that i wasnt dilated at all and i had the choice to stay there or try and labour at home for a while....so we came home :) Had a bath, tried to relax but by 5.30am i was having regular contractions!!
Went back to the hospital and was taken into the birthing rooms :) I was examined and they said i was 4cm!! This was about 6.30am!! Spent the next few hours in the room whilst my mum knitted and Wayne sat with me :) As the hours went on the contraction got worse and worse......gas and air is amazing!!! lol I was examined a few hours later and was at 6cm, by this time i was in agony!! I have no idea about times for the rest of the day :( I remember that i got into the birthing pool and it was even worse, i hated being leant over and my contractions hurt so much i couldnt hold myself out of the water, by this time it was evening, and i was begging for an epidural...something i had sworn i wouldnt do, but i cannot explain the pain :( I had a few failed attempts at that...my back now covered in bruises!! lol Finally the epidural set in and we had a few more hours of contractions..........then its a bit of a blurr :( Friday evening, around 9pm i was examined and was at 9cm with an anterior lip, basically they could see the head but i wasnt dilated enough to push, bubs heartbeat was getting weak and we were both exhausted!! I was hooked up to lots of machines, drips and injections in both arms and my back......by 11pm, examined again and was still 9cm!! By midnight they had taken blood from babies head to check oxygen and i was in pain again, heartbeat kept slowing right down and i was told i needed an emergency c-section....I just remember crying.......sorry ladies but i felt like i had let everyone down :(
I was rushed to theatre and spent ages with the bloke touching me everywhere with ice asking if i could feel it......yes i bloody could!!! The epidural was being topped up but only numbed my legs and the bottom of my tummy, i could still feel most of my tummy and no matter how much i said i could feel it they just said top it up more....then moved me about on the table......10mins later i was told that if i could still feel it then i was be put under and Wayne wasnt allowed in for the birth....so as stupid as it was i told them to go for it, i couldnt feel a thing :( The actual birth was painful, i felt the tugging around which was fine but the top of my tummy wasnt quite numbed :(

Anyway....our gorgeoud baby girl was born......7lb 7oz and Wayne got to tell me that our yellow bump tuned pink!!!! :)

They attempted to stitch me back up but the pain was unbairable....and i was put under general....one of the nurses even moaned to my mum about how dissapointing it was that i didnt stay awake.....it was too much pain and i had been in labour since thursday....it was now saturday!!!! No sleep, no food, only water, i had enough :(

So basically it wasnt the simple birth that i had hoped for, but we have the most beautiful little girl who i am 100% in love with!!!!
Sorry for the long rant, i just needed to get that out :)

xx

Attachments

• DSC02641.jpg
    DSC02641.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 4
Congrats hun! Glad everything was ok in the end even though it didn't go to plan for you. :hugs:

xx

Some pics of Deryn :) xx

Attachments

• DSC02637.jpg
    DSC02637.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC02690.jpg
    DSC02690.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 3
Beautiful! Hope you have a quick recovery xx

Awww so cute. Congratulations! xx

Congratulations :) she's beautifull x

congratulations on your wee girl, hope you recover well from the birth and enoy every second of your baby girl, she is very cute :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->