• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Out of curiosity...

Kirsty3051

Wife & mum of 3!
Reaction score
Roughly how often do have to buy a new tub of formula?

I plan on breastfeeding but want to cover all bases. We struggled to find any answers with our Google search so thought asking on here would be worth a shot! I understand that a newborn baby isn't going to go through a tub of formula as fast as a 6 month old, we're just looking for a rough idea.

At the moment we use a tub every 8-9 days but it really varies depending on whether he's having a growth spurt. When he was newborn and we were combi feeding I used the premade formula as it was easier to give that in the smaller amounts he was taking.

About a tub a week at this point. The tubs are 900g and can make 190oz of milk. My LG has 30oz a days so a tub lasts 6 and a bit days.

I actually found a newborn went through it quicker. Up until 12 ish weeks we were doin almost 2 cartons a week, little and often at that stage and a lot gets dumped :dohh: at 6 months they have bigger in volume but generally less of them, plus weaning starts, so at that stage one was lasting us almost 10 days! X

From friends and family, one 900 gram tub per week.

Sophie was on formula from 11 months and used a half a tub a week I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->