out of my depth??

LoveFlump

Reaction score
I dont know how everyone else feels but I'm feeling way out of my depth with pregnancy atm. I'm a FTM and I havent got a clue on what to expect. I dont know how I will know if I'm having false labour, how I will know when labour starts or when I need to go to hospital. And its making me shit bricks tbh. Anyone else feeling like that? Its my partners first baby too and he knows less than I do about babies, so its gonna be a big eye opener for both of us. I'm on maternity now, and he's not starting paternity til I'm actually in labour..well how do I know when to ring him? What if he misses the birth? Geesh, for some reason today, I'm having quite a dicky fit about it all.

If theres anyone out there that has already had babies, or knows lots about having babies that wouldnt mind me questioning them on a regular basis, please let me know. Theres so much I still feel I need to ask..please message me

Try not to stress :hugs:
Every first time mum feels that way. Babies and pregnancy comes without and instruction manual, so we come to places like this to gain advice from others. Have you read any baby books or googled your concerns? If you're concerned you can always contact your midwife, that is what she's there for.

They're completely normal worries, you will always question if you're doing the right thing, but go with your instinct, accept support off others and you'll be fine :)

I read the obvious choice of books, what to expect when your expecting, and the information is pretty good at telling you a lot of what you need to know. I also took pre-natal classes which helped a lot too.
I never went through labor at home, I was induced at 36 weeks-so I did have a day or two to wrap my head around the fact that the baby was gonna come, lol.
This time, hopefully I won't be induced, and even though I've been through it already, I'm still scared about going into labor cuz its like the first time again. I plan to re-read my books and just pay attention to my body. But I'm sure when your in labor and contractions hit-you will know it. And if for some reason it is a false alarm, there is nothing to be worried about. The Dr and nurses probably get it all the time.
And unless your partner is working ten to twelve hours away, he will make it to the hospital in time. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->