Outdoor Lights - hints, ideas and photos please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs_T

Reaction score
Hello all!

I'm after some ideas for outdoor lights...we've moved house and decided this year we'd love some outdoor lights but I don't know what to do and how easy my ideas would be to put into practise!

I'd love some strings of festoon (old fashioned bulb) lights around my garage, half way up the house/ at the top but dunno how I'd hang them cos my house has like plastic panels across the front and only has guttering across 1/3 of the roof! I was wondering if I could just screw in some hooks in the window sils upstairs??

Also what else could I do? I'd love to see any photos of yours/ to hear how you hang yours!

I also have no outdoor plug!

Do you have a shingled roof? If so, you can attach them to the shingles with light clips.

I'm doing colored blinking lights around my porch. I have a covered porch that goes down half the front of my house so I'll wrap lights around all the railings. I also saw some lighted snow flakes at Lowes (a home improvement store in the US) and I'm going to hang a few of them from the ceiling on my porch. I'm going to hang those with those suction cup hooks. The kind that click and lock in place hold up good. I've not decided if I'm going down my roof line yet this year, but if so I clip the lights to my gutters. (If I didn't have gutters, I'd clip them to the shingles).

If you take a trip out to your local home improvement store, they'll probably have ideas for you to attach the lights to your home without having to drill any holes or put in screws. I know mine has lots of different things nowadays to use for attaching lights to all kinds of surfaces. Good luck and can't wait to see some pics (hint hint)

Oh, I don't have an outside outlet either. I run a cord from my garage and put timers on it.

Thanks! Hanging from the tiles might work...I didn't think of that! I could also use my garage power socket too I reckon! Or this morning I noticed my window isn't closing properly in my living room- first thought was that I should get it fixed, second though was ' oooh, maybe it can wait til after Xmas to be fixed and then I can fit a wire through it' haha!!

I also like your idea of going into a shop- they'd probably have lots of ideas!

Your ideas sound lovely! I bet your proch looks great! I have seen some snowflake stakes that you stick in the grass- might get some to go in my flower bed next to the steps up to my house! Hubby said I should wait til the January sales before I spend half our life savings on outdoor lights, but I'm not sure I've got the patience to wait lol!!

Would love to see photos of yours too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g