Over a pound of weight gain in 2 days?!?!

Mabv812

Reaction score
Ughh how is this even possible?? I didn't eat out and I even went to the gym. I guess they will have to follow through on their threat and send me to the Maternal Weight and Wellness program. Or I could go to bed starving...that seems to help.

Back to counting calories (hopefully this diet app works) Rant rant rant rant. arrrrggggg.

Water retention, sodium, weather, etc, etc, etc. all affect weight.

I vary up to 5 pounds from day to day. Hence why I don't weigh myself daily.

Yea, I'm under a ton of stress right now too. It's finals week and then on Tuesday I have a huge comprehensive exam...sigh. I've probably been eating more than I think due to stress too.

Your weight can fluctuate from day to day, its best to weigh yourself weekly instead of daily. Also the time of day you weigh yourself makes a huge difference too. My doctors appointments are usually right after lunch and I always get the "lecture". :roll:

Yea, I always weigh myself first thing in the morning. But they have been giving me such a hard time that I feel I need to keep on top of it. Once a week would give me too much room for error so to speak. If I find out I'm doing badly after 2 or 3 days maybe I can get it together for the next few days. That's my reasoning at least.

I would think as long as you're focusing on eating the right things and exercising daily, that should be what matters... We're gonna gain what we're gonna gain... Obviously you don't want to gain 90 lbs throughout pregnancy but if you're eating the right things and exercising I wouldn't imagine that'd be an issue.

Maybe start a diet journal of what you're eating each day to show them when they start giving you a hard time about it. Its not healthy to binge for a few days and then not eat at all to make up for it :(

I wish my midwife had the same motto as you! I'm def not binge eating or starving myself. I could never do that. It seems like normal eating to me haha.

I think it's a great idea to track my eating and show them. Maybe they will start listening to me then!

I wish my midwife had the same motto as you! I'm def not binge eating or starving myself. I could never do that. It seems like normal eating to me haha.

I think it's a great idea to track my eating and show them. Maybe they will start listening to me then!

Absolutely! After the second time my doctor gave me a hard time about my weight gain (when the appointment was right after lunch) I apparently gave him a look that said he needed to shut it or tread carefully lol because he told me he just didn't want me to gain too much throughout the pregnancy and it wouldn't do any good if he waited til the end to tell me I had gained too much lol. I had to remind him what time it was and that I had just eaten (not to mention the lovely constipation).

My doctor recommended I eat smaller, more frequent meals throughout the day to help too.

Yea, I always weigh myself first thing in the morning. But they have been giving me such a hard time that I feel I need to keep on top of it. Once a week would give me too much room for error so to speak. If I find out I'm doing badly after 2 or 3 days maybe I can get it together for the next few days. That's my reasoning at least.

It's the other way around. Weigh yourself first thing in the morning as soon as you wake up once a week....or else you will have wildly inaccurate, variable weight recordings because as they say above food, water, water retention and so forth can completely throw off your weight by, yes, as much as five pounds.

1 pound in one day is not a statistically significant result unless you are eating the exact same diet every day and having the exact same, uh, elimination routine and so forth.

I think I'm upset too because everyone is saying I need to listen to what the midwife is telling me and stop gaining so much weight( as if I haven't). I've been told by people to stop strength training too. They are all saying the dr is worried because you gain a huge amount of weight in the third trimester....and since I've already gained so much that it will be a problem.

I think I'm upset too because everyone is saying I need to listen to what the midwife is telling me and stop gaining so much weight( as if I haven't). I've been told by people to stop strength training too. They are all saying the dr is worried because you gain a huge amount of weight in the third trimester....and since I've already gained so much that it will be a problem.

What exactly does strength training have to do with anything? I would assume they think you're going to "bulk up" and gain massive amounts of muscle?

Do they realize that it takes a lot of hard work through diet and exercise to gain muscle? That even hardcore body builders can barely gain a pound of muscle in a month?

What exactly does strength training have to do with anything? I would assume they think you're going to "bulk up" and gain massive amounts of muscle?

Do they realize that it takes a lot of hard work through diet and exercise to gain muscle? That even hardcore body builders can barely gain a pound of muscle in a month?

I don't know what they are thinking!!! I just want to crawl in a hole and not see anyone today. I'll re-emerge when the baby is ready.

Oh hon, I really feel for you! For sure don't pay attention to what "everyone else" says, and it's a perfect compromise to log your eating patterns. It might surprise you and help you make adjustments, or at least it will ground the conversation with your midwife in facts!

Im in a similar boat. Im eating right and am exercising 5 days a week and still gaining weight. Im almost 20 weeks and have gained 22 lbs. Im trying not to hate myself, but its hard when the doctor says things are just going to get harder and I should be more careful.....I cant remember the last time I ate anything that tasted even remotely good. I was 190 pre pregnancy, and I had to work HARD to get there and stay there. I want to enjoy my pregnancy, but....its hard. :hugs: itll be worth it in the end

it is probably water retention, weigh yourself first thing in the morning after you have gone to the bathroom and that should be the most accurate weight reading. I usually have a weight fluctuation as much as 5lbs in a day...

Ive been watching what I keat and keep a journal as well. 1 lb isnt very bad, itll probably come off the next day, if you had anything really salty that can attribute to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->