Over the Moon .... soooo exciting baby sign language

stephwiggy

Reaction score
So since birth i have been signing "milk" to daisy at every feed

Shes signing back !!!!!!!!!! I ask "milk????? " she turns her head looking for boob and signs milk !!!!

shes 11 weeks old :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

thats is amazing well done!! and you have a very clever girly....my son is 11months can sign milk, more, no, yes
but thats it....but we didnt start til he was 6months =)
im now fluent in Makaton and starting my British Sign Language Course in Spetember to become a tutor!! xxx

I have my BSL level one but sign at a higher level but woudl love to tech baby sign / makaton - can you tell me more plz

oh yes many say dont start till 4-6 months but i think i use sign subcionsously sometimes so just seemed logical and or i was very eager lol !! my 5 yr old still signs occasionally but understands more than he signs.

ive just launched into to doing the BSL in the hope that someone will tell me where to go lol!! i do have a few links of how to get proper qulaifications to become a special needs teacher...AND there are only like 4 uni's that you can get a proper BSL degree from =/ so once i know more i will pass on. i believe if you volunteer/help alot you can train as you go. I know the girl who taught me Makaton explained i could learn with her xxx

That's amazing!!!! What a clever little chicken!!

Wow, that's amazing! I really want to teach Holly so I know what's going on in her crazy little head! x x

Wow, that's amazing! I really want to teach Holly so I know what's going on in her crazy little head! x x

hey chick if you go onto Makaton.co.uk there are lots of helpful everyday signs..they are VERy eay =) and come with pictures xxx

ive just launched into to doing the BSL in the hope that someone will tell me where to go lol!! i do have a few links of how to get proper qulaifications to become a special needs teacher...AND there are only like 4 uni's that you can get a proper BSL degree from =/ so once i know more i will pass on. i believe if you volunteer/help alot you can train as you go. I know the girl who taught me Makaton explained i could learn with her xxx

Well i have teh CACDP level 1 - bsl - and that was just at a local collage - its the level 2 thats expensive and alot harder from what i have heard - altho i have never thought of the Makaton route ... off too google !!!

Thank you everyone xxxxx one happy mummy here xxx

Well i have teh CACDP level 1 - bsl - and that was just at a local collage - its the level 2 thats expensive and alot harder from what i have heard - altho i have never thought of the Makaton route ... off too google !!!

Thank you everyone xxxxx one happy mummy here xxx

haha google the source of all knowledge, our local college guider person told me i could quite happily do the BSL's with them but would have to be qualified and only certain Uni's would...again...i think i will go to google....

Makaton route seems a lot easier to do and get into, however i would do the BSL's to help communicate if you come across deaf parents...thats what ive been advised to do if i go down the Makaton route...although i do know the Makaton route is VERY expenisve....ive been looking into buying into a franchise (e.g Sign and Sign or Little signers) and doing it that way xxx

I would love to learn makaton as my little brother using a few signs. I also want to teach Ella some signs so she can communicate. Our sure start centre does baby signing but only from 6 months so have over a month to wait. Does anyone have any picture of signs that are easy to follow so I can make a start

That's fab. My OH bought me a baby signing book, I have looked into local classes but they say it's best to go when he is 6 months.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPXKI4O-7uI&feature=related

Food

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI-C_4M1Za4&NR=1

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012