Overdue and okay with it club!

kazine

Meatballs for Two!
Reaction score
40+4 with baby #1 and feeling rather at peace with that fact. I'm a home birth hopeful. I've deactivated my facebook and turned off my phone because apparently I'm the only one in the world who is fine with me being overdue and waiting until my baby decides it is her birthday. The stress of the constant texts and advice on how to bring baby before she is ready is dragging me down!

I'm refusing sweeps and inductio unless medically indicated. Please say I'm not alone? :)

So frustrating how everyone thinks they're entitled to an opinion, or expects your feelings to be like theirs. I think if you're at peace and nothing is medically an issue, then more power to you! I think it's great you're not stressed or miserable. Personally, I've only been overdue once, and I was determined to wait it out, even though I really was miserable. Unfortunately, my bp spiked and they had to induce. This time, hoping I go on my own. GL!!

40+4 with baby #1 and feeling rather at peace with that fact. I'm a home birth hopeful. I've deactivated my facebook and turned off my phone because apparently I'm the only one in the world who is fine with me being overdue and waiting until my baby decides it is her birthday. The stress of the constant texts and advice on how to bring baby before she is ready is dragging me down!

I'm refusing sweeps and inductio unless medically indicated. Please say I'm not alone? :)

I would like to say this was me, but as DS1 was early and I had so many false alarms and daily bhs with DS2, the not knowing was driving me nuts. Actually being late I was fine with, but not with waiting iykwim!! The constant messages and being hijacked by neighbours and nursery parents really brought me down. That said I refused sweeps and was in two minds about an induction. Apart from keeping active I didn't do anything to bring on labour, so maybe if I wasn't badgered I would have waited more patiently!

When I was pregnant with DD I felt the same way!

I posted this helpful link to my Facebook timeline:

https://haveyouhadthatbabyyet.com/

And I said "I will delete this once she is here, but until then keep clicking that when you have the urge to bug me or my husband about this!"
:haha::haha:

When I was pregnant with DD I felt the same way!

I posted this helpful link to my Facebook timeline:

https://haveyouhadthatbabyyet.com/

And I said "I will delete this once she is here, but until then keep clicking that when you have the urge to bug me or my husband about this!"
:haha::haha:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: luv the link.

Good on u Op, if u want to wait then wait hun. Ur body, ur baby never forget that :thumbup: x

Good for you. I'm already starting to go crazy. I wish I could chill out and be relaxed like you!

Almost with you! My due date is tomorrow and I've expected to be late since the beginning. Ds was 11 days over and dd was 12 days over. Luckily they don't consider induction til 12 days over now in my area (unless there's medical reasons of course) so it takes the pressure off a bit. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->