• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Overdue.....

mrsmummy2

Mum of 3 ❤
Reaction score
So, with DD I was 9 days over and had a sweep somewhere between due date and her birth .. not sure how many days overdue I actually was but I dont remember it being within the few days pre-labour.

With DS I didn't have a sweep. He was 4 days over. As far as I remember I was never offered one.

What are the guidelines now? (UK)
Is induction offered before 42 weeks if there are no complications or is it a standard 14 days overdue before induction? I'm SO fed up ](*,)

I was offered a sweep around my due date but couldn't have one as he had got stuck on my hip.

Hopefully they will offer you a sweep soon. Fingers crossed :)

Had my first sweep yesterday (39+5) but it failed - midwife couldn't reach anything.
One booked tomorrow (40 weeks to the day).
Another booked for next Weds (40+5).
Induction booked for 41 weeks exactly.

As far as I was told, midwife can offer you the sweep from the moment you are due onwards - or a consultant can recommend it earlier. However you can also just ask midwife, I'm sure if they think it's safe enough they'd go ahead. Worse they can do is say no I guess!

Had my first sweep yesterday (39+5) but it failed - midwife couldn't reach anything.
One booked tomorrow (40 weeks to the day).
Another booked for next Weds (40+5).
Induction booked for 41 weeks exactly.

As far as I was told, midwife can offer you the sweep from the moment you are due onwards - or a consultant can recommend it earlier. However you can also just ask midwife, I'm sure if they think it's safe enough they'd go ahead. Worse they can do is say no I guess!
Hopefully I'll get one today! At least that way I'll know whats going on (if anything!!!!)

So damn frustrated!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"