Overprotective???

Midsomer

First time mum to Amelia
Reaction score
We are going to see DH family tomorrow and I know the inevitable, baby pass the parcel will happen.

I told him I may look calm when this is happening but I am ready to jump up in an instant as people don't even seem to want to give her back even when it is clear she needs a feed (breastfed) or she has just had enough. :wacko:

DH informs me I am just being overprotective, I don't think I am, just being a normal lioness protective of her 12 week old cub. :shrug:

That happened to me, funnily enough i mentioned that day in a thread today. It was heartbreaking and without OH i felt i couldnt speak up. Passing her around made her too tired to feed
Stand your ground hun, that day stands with me still.

Im like that now and River is 16 months old! :D

I dont see it as being over protective im just doing my job

I get this ALL the time. When Charlie was 3 weeks we had to go to Christmas at mmy hubby's family's house and I really didnt want to go....I got SO much bull out of saying I might not go....I insisted I did not want him passed around and I said I was going to feed him often and went into a spare room and sat with him, Im still over protective of my 7 year old and I hear about it all the time.

If I get fed up with it, or think LO is, I generally swoop in and say I think she needs a nappy change. Then when we've had a breather I go back into the room but keep hold of her!

I'm the same, Erin likes to go to other people and generally I'm ok with it but she's not a doll to be passed around. :growlmad: I'm constantly watching her to make sure she's ok and will take her back as soon as she looks even a teeny bit unhappy! It's my job to protect her so I don't see that I could ever be 'overprotective'!

I'm the same. Especially because Nathan will screammmmmmm his little head off if he's the least bit uncomfortable with someone. The person holding him says 'oh, i'll calm him' or 'just leave him with me, he'll stop' but I refuse because I know he wont stop until he's back in my or DH's arms. I actually feel quite bad a lot of the time because when we go to see family or friends I am the one holding him the entire time and i know everyone is dying for a cuddle, but he's just not that sort of baby. He just always wants his mummy or daddy.

I don't see it as over protective, these instincts are in us for a reason, to protect our babies! I still do it to this day, i hate her being passed around like some kind of sodding prize, she's a baby! Although i'm quite lucky now, if Bella doesn't want to go to someone, she will pysically cling to me, and cry, which usually puts people off asking for a cuddle!!

I remember one time, Bella was about 3 weeks old and taking expressed breast milk from a bottle for feeds, we went round to MIL's for a visit and she needed a feed, i asked DH to warm it up and when he bought it back MIL said "oh i'll feed her", i looked at DH who i exprected to back me up.... but instead he was like "sure". I'll never foreget that day, i went home and cried, it just felt strange that she was feeding her what my body made.

I say if you're unhappy about something, speak up, your baby, your rules!!!

I hate this as she is ok for a while but gets really upset after a time, last time she was hysterical and the day was awful :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->