Overreaction???

A

addie25

I lost my baby at 14 weeks and my friend texts me today and says she thinks she is pregnant. Am I overreacting or is that inappropriate? Should she be telling me this a week after I loose my baby? If I am overreacting please tell me. I didn't say anything to her except fingers crossed. I do not want to start a fight but I also do not think she should be telling me this at this particular moment. What do you think?

Please be strong. Someone who has not experienced a loss does not understand. If she truly is your friend, talk to her. She may have been afraid to tell you because of your loss, but she may need a friend right now. If you can't talk to her right now, don't. Don't upset yourself. Take some time to think if need be. Bright Blessings!

Thank you. I did not make an issue of it. I simply said fingers crossed. She has many other friends who just had children who she could share this news with. I think she should have some common sense and go to them at a time like this. I also think she should not have told me anything till she knew for sure. She said she thinks she is not she is. After I said fingers crossed I said next time I get pregnant I am waiting 3 months to announce it because you never know what can happen as we saw with me. This was my way of saying please do not tell me for a bit if you are. I do not need that rt now.

:hugs:
I am sorry. I put my younger sister in a similar position than your friend put you. My sister has unexplained infertility and I was so cruel (happy on my end) and told her that I was pregnant for the 6th time (3rd time after my reversal) and she texts me back, Wow, Must be nice. I cant get pregnant and here you are able to fuck like a rabbit and get knocked up 3 months after you just give birth. ...I was shocked then I had a good cry and then came to reality that I was just mean. I shuold of taken her feelings into consideration but I was already 4 months along when I told her, I was not about to hold it in any longer as we had a family dinner upcoming and my bump was showing.
your friend probably was just to overly happy as the above poster said, she probably has never been through this and figured that it just happens. When in reality it does but not to everyone. I truely am sorry it has happened to you. I suffered 4 losses, 3 first trimester and one in the sencond trimester. I was about 16 weeks with a little girl in my second trimester. It hurts. I am hoping you can get past this and heal greatly. You were not overreacting. You are entitled to be your own person and grieve. You could tell your friend your feeling and tell her to just not talk about this with you at this present time, especially at such a fresh time. I will pray and think about you and your loss.
Take care.

You're not overreacting at all. It was very insensitive of her to text you that but I don't think it even registered what she was doing. :hugs:

I think u did the right think.. but for self preservation let her talk it thru with other friends.. If she texts again , u could always explain that its bad timing for u :hugs:

I was mostly upset bc she Rowan know she is pregnant so wait till u know then wait 3 months to tell me. She has been trying a long time and I have been a support for her during that time. I just think since she doesn't know she should keep it to herself y tell me be4 its a fact. I would b happy for her that's not the issue it's just I don't need baby talk rt now I can't even look at children without crying.

it was a bit insensitive of her hun but i think we have to also remember when we all first fount out and how happy we were! she prob didnt think before she sent the message and i bet she is feeling awful now.
maybe you should just mention to her that your quite emotional at the moment and although your so happy for her you feel you need some time before you can share in the celebration!
so sorry for your loss, i lost my baby at 22 weeks and have a cousin who is 20 weeks i find it hard to see her as well xxxx keep your chin up!

Jojo I'm so sorry for ur loss and yes I know what u mean my cousin is due in may. We also have a big motersday party that I will not b attending I just can't n if it's rude I don't really care. I don't need to see my cousins n their kids on that day. I thought I Sid b 6 months for mothersday n I'd finally get my rose n now all I got was an empty uterus. In may I hope I start OCD then maybe I'll go to the party we will see.

Jojo I'm so sorry for ur loss and yes I know what u mean my cousin is due in may. We also have a big motersday party that I will not b attending I just can't n if it's rude I don't really care. I don't need to see my cousins n their kids on that day. I thought I Sid b 6 months for mothersday n I'd finally get my rose n now all I got was an empty uterus. In may I hope I start OCD then maybe I'll go to the party we will see.

your right not to go hun if you dont feel up to it. dont let anyone elses feelings influence you and if they think its rude then they're obviously ignorant to what your going through!!im so sorry you have to go through that on mothers day,the day i was supposed to be 6 months was a very hard day also but i just keep thinking that once today is over tomorrow will be easier and then the day after will be a little better. thinking of your llittle angel xxxx

No i dont think you are over reacting at all.

My sister just blurted out she was pregnant 2 days after Taylors funeral, i was distraught.

V xxx

No i dont think you are over reacting at all.

My sister just blurted out she was pregnant 2 days after Taylors funeral, i was distraught.

V xxx

Oh my that is very insensitive! I don't think j would have been able to hold back I would have said something. I am so sorry for ur loss and so sorry she was insensitive like that. We will have our day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->