overweight and preggo

Reaction score
I am.overweight, the doctor said she would like me to only gain 15lbs, im worried.for babies health because of my size, but she said its ok, does that mean ill have a huge baby, with my daughtet i went from 180 to 225 she was 8lbs 8 oz, and ill probably have to have a c section agsin, any one overweight and.preggo, how do we control our weight

My sister is currently 7 months along and I think her current weight is around 230. She started out chunky with a bigger belly. She's done a great job at not gaining a ton of weight and I think at her last 2 check ups she hasn't gained any weight. Portion control and healthy diet is what she really focuses on. She also does light cardio 3 times a week. It's all in your head. If you want it, you can do it. :)

I'm currently 210lbs but I only had my son 20 weeks ago. I only lost a stone of weight and got for pregnant again. (Touch wood) I havnt put any weight on yet, I've been really watching what I eat, but i make sure I don't over eat, and drink loads (it makes me feel full for longer) it's hard tho as all I wanna do is eat chocolate cake and not have a care in the world. The reason I'm having to watch my weight is that I get married in June (I'll be 30 weeks preggo) and I don't want to look HUGE on my wedding pics, by the time I was 30 weeks with my ds I had already put on 24lbs.
Good luck with maintaining your weight xxxxxx

I am overweight and pregnant. I gained a little weight over Christmas which is normal even without pregnancy but lost some since. I am just going to eat all the right things, no junk

I was 200lbs with Thomas, he was 7lbs 4 at 40+6. They don't get fat because we are fat.

Sophie was 7lbs 15 but I had gestational diabetes with her.

I lost weight both pregnancies but don't ask me how, I ate well!

I'm 272lbs I've lost 4 from sickness but they have gotten on me about my weight and only want me to gain 15. Makes me nervous :(

The first midwife I saw asked me to lose 20kg during my pregnancy with Sophie!

thank you for sharing your stories I weigh 240 1 pounds right now but believe it or not I don't look like I weigh that much at all I was on a diet before I found out I was pregnant and I'm going to continue eating healthy

I was 169 when I got pregnant and was 223 the day I had LO. My midwife said that when you're overweight you don't have to gain as much, but she also didn't shove it down my throat. I didn't eat great, but I didn't eat horribly (per my scale, it was a 53 pound gain, but only a 40 pound gain w/ my midwife based on when I started going to appts). LO was born 41+6 weighing only 6lb 4.2oz.

Eat small amounts frequently. If you're going to have carbs, eat them in the morning so you can burn them off all day (cereal/bread/pasta/noodles/crackers-that stuff packs weight on for me). Each small meal should have protein, baby needs protein to grow, your body needs it to repair, least calories for greatest satiation power -protein makes you stay full double the time of carby sugary food (breads & pasta break down to sugars).
Veg, stir fry/ salads, raw veg & meats at lunch/ dinner most days. You don't need carbs at night, they will pack the weight on you and feed cravings.

I lost 70 lbs last year and this is how I eat. Cameron Diaz was on Dr Oz yesterday with very much the same advice. She agreed with you on the water. For effect she guzzled a litre on stage showing her first morning routine :haha:
Best of luck with it Bella. Walk or exercise as much as you can too, this brings fresh oxygenated blood to baby (smart baby in future?)

I was told to loose 12lbs in this pregnancy. I don't think I have as I had horrible cravings, however towards the end I've had an amazing health kick! DS was born at 42+2 and was 7lbs 12oz, this one is currently weighing 3lbs 1oz they think. She is also measuring a week behind her dates right now so we'll see what happens.

Hi ladies,I am 255 pounds,and am seeing my doctor tomorrow for the first time.I'm getting my first scan and am so scared he will berate me about my weight.I know being obese isn't the best thing for a pregnancy,but I don't eat very unhealthily at all.Also,I'm scared he won't be able to see much,because of my fat belly.

These fears are making me crazy.

My bmi is 28.5, i had lost1.5stone last year but I have put 1 back on.
I've gone back to slimming world which is a diet based on unlimited healthy low fat food,a measured portion of dairy and cereal and counted points for anything extra.
I am hoping to lose at least 7lb in first tri, maybe a bit more. Then maintain for a while and control any gain.
I put on over 4st with ds (56lb/25kg) and lost nearly half the day I had him but the excess has proved difficult to shift even with 12 months of breastfeeding.
Doesn't help that I've been newly pregnant after Christmas both times.
Xx

I've gone back to slimming world which is a diet based on unlimited healthy low fat food,a measured portion of dairy and cereal and counted points for anything extra.
Xx

Raspberry, do they really advocate for low fat? It's the sugar our bodies that we pack on the pounds with. Healthy fats ie avocado, Greek yoghurt (double protein than carb content like Liberte 0- otherwise yoghurt=sugar), nuts, etc. omegas prevent you from gaining weight, make you feel full for a long time (they don't spike insulin), and protect you from heart disease.
Cereal, pasta, potato, breads, carbolicious foods spike your insulin, are super rich in calories compared to veg/protein, make you hungry in an hour, break into sugar, stores as fat. Carby, sugary foods in my mind bring us one step closer to diabetes. We have only so much insulin, the more sugar we consume, the faster we use up the beta cells that produce insulin (every person has a set, finite amount). Paleo diets are great because they feed us the healthy fats while getting rid of foods that contribute to obesity, diabetes, insulin resistance and heart disease.

I'm currently 210lbs but I only had my son 20 weeks ago. I only lost a stone of weight and got for pregnant again. (Touch wood) I havnt put any weight on yet, I've been really watching what I eat, but i make sure I don't over eat, and drink loads (it makes me feel full for longer) it's hard tho as all I wanna do is eat chocolate cake and not have a care in the world. The reason I'm having to watch my weight is that I get married in June (I'll be 30 weeks preggo) and I don't want to look HUGE on my wedding pics, by the time I was 30 weeks with my ds I had already put on 24lbs.
Good luck with maintaining your weight xxxxxx

We have the same due date :) There's a big group of us in the Pregnancy groups and discussions area if you wanted to join us. The group name is September Stars 2014!

OP - I was overweight in my first pregnancy (even after I lost 1.5 stone from MS!) and Leo was 6lbs 10oz and perfectly healthy x

I was 220 when I first got pregnant and I was good about weight only 15 lbs but the last 3 months I gained a ton by the end of the pregnancy I was 262. 2 weeks after the baby I lost 20. And now I am currently 215 4 months later. What has helped me is breast feeding. I've dropped 9lbs in four days at one point. What I mean to say is if you gain more then that it is not the end of the world, you can lose it. By the end of my pregnancy I was so worried about the weight I couldn't even enjoy it. Now that I lost the weight I wish I had cared less and enjoyed pregnancy more. So don't let the scale ruin your pregnancy

Oh and as to weight he was only 3.2 kilos umm like 7 lbs so it does not mean he (or she)will be a big baby

Xx

Raspberry, do they really advocate for low fat? It's the sugar our bodies that we pack on the pounds with. Healthy fats ie avocado, Greek yoghurt (double protein than carb content like Liberte 0- otherwise yoghurt=sugar), nuts, etc. omegas prevent you from gaining weight, make you feel full for a long time (they don't spike insulin), and protect you from heart disease.
Cereal, pasta, potato, breads, carbolicious foods spike your insulin, are super rich in calories compared to veg/protein, make you hungry in an hour, break into sugar, stores as fat. Carby, sugary foods in my mind bring us one step closer to diabetes. We have only so much insulin, the more sugar we consume, the faster we use up the beta cells that produce insulin (every person has a set, finite amount). Paleo diets are great because they feed us the healthy fats while getting rid of foods that contribute to obesity, diabetes, insulin resistance and heart disease.

Well you can have any meat s long as visible fat removed... and both fat and sugar are limited.
You can eat nuts within your healthy extra choice, cheese and milk too but it's a measured amount.
It does work.
It's the only diet supported by the royal college of midwives.
I think the paleo diet looks great but I know I can't stick to it.
Xx

Im a bit over weight and midwife said unless your bmi is over 35 they dont worry and that my weight was fine. I was bit over weight same with first lo and she weighed 7lb5 . I think my bmi is 26 or 27. for me it is good a little over weight as had hyperemesis and have same this time so need a bit in reserve for baby and for me to get not to ill. I have lost in first trimester

hey raspberryk i joined slimming world 2 weeks ago as my BMI was 31.5. I lost 6.5lbs in my first week. I never once felt hungry that week. I get weighed in the morning. I've stuck to plan. I hope to lose a stone between now and the end of the 1st trimester then maintain as long as possible. I am addicted to the syn free mug pints right now. How long have you been with slimming world. P.s. My start weight was 13 stone. That's 182lbs. Eek!

I started autumn 2012 at 13st8 I weigh in in the evenings on a Wednesday. I re joined Wednesday evening at 13st2.
I'm 5ft7 and a bit.
I have posted in the diet and weight loss section.
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->