overweight and TTC

Angel022605

5K fun
Reaction score
I'm overweight and TTC. Besides the obvious answer of losing weight and eating better:dohh:...........what's everyone's advice on how to improve chances for a BFP? Is there anyone else with me who would like to join this topic?

I'm overweight and TTC too. I'm losing weight but not putting TTC on hold any longer. I'm taking FertilAID, vitex and multivitamins x

exercise, even just walking :) also vitamins...not much else besides eating right. Good luck! you can totally do this, I wanted to loose weight before I had my first (which I didn't) she was a surprise and I ended up gaining 40lbs with her. Anyways it took me a year and a half to get were I am today 90lbs down and very, very close to my goal.

I am also overweight and TTC, I am on weight watchers and taking the weight off. I gained around 80 lb when pregnant with my DS :blush: and although I lost the baby weight once, it just came back, I can't seem to get used to how my body reacts as before DS weight wasn't much of an issue for me.

Anyways....I am taking fertilaid, fertilecm, and ova boost, also charting BBT and doing OPKS.

Yes, I'm overweight by about 40lbs. Before having my son I had lost 70lb on Weight Watchers, but I gained a lot when I was pregnant and really didnt lose much of it unfortunately.

I have come off BCP to start TTC #2 but I still havent had a period (almost 7 weeks later). I know losing weight would probably help, but I just cannot seem to find the motivation.

When I was losing my weight I was so focussed and motivated and with so much going on, full time job, 3 year old, financial obligations etc it seems almost impossible. I of course know this is just an excuse as realistically it costs nothing to lose weight, but I suppose I just need to make it a priority.

I'm about 4 stone overweight and have been for years! That said, I train minimum 4 times a week and am the fittest and strongest I've ever been. I also eat much more in variety and more cleanly than ever, for me that just doesn't translate to the scales.

You can still be relatively 'healthy' while overweight. I'm just concentrating on eating well and getting fitter as we TTC. :thumbup:

I'm in that boat, too. I lost 50 lbs before we had DD, gained 30 lb back while I was pregnant. I've lost about 10 lbs of that, but since we started TTC #2 seven months ago, I haven't been able to focus well on weight loss at all - I lose and regain the same 7-10 lbs every month. It drives me crazy that I can't seem to make progress on it and realize I could have lost all that by now if I'd really tried hard! But I'm starting to think that beating myself up about it is just making it harder mentally, and I'm going to start trying to be gentler with myself in my journeys for both weight loss and TTC - it doesn't help me with either to focus on how much time has passed but it helps me more to try to build my confidence about both. My faith helps me a lot, too - I know I couldn't get through the emotional challenges of either journey without it.

I can tell you right now that it's pretty rare that weight is the actual factor for a lack of conception. It's a cop out for practitionerd who asre lazy and trying to sell you something. However, being overweight can help some conditions thst are hinderances to pregnancy and fertility. I'm personally a plus size lady and conceived my son within 6 months sand my current pregnancy was a total surprise... Well... Not total. We were NTNP and trying not to do the deed around ovulation. Oh well. All's well that ends well, right?

That being said... Don't stress. It can take a fair bit to conceive. Take a good prenatal vitamin that has folic acid in it as well as DHA. Eat healthy, cut back on the sugar and caffeine. Try evening primrose oil to help your cervical mucus and DON'T STRESS!!

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->