Ovualtion change month to month?

21yrsurvivor

Reaction score
I'm curious if anyone has their ovulation day change month to month. Like one month it can be CD 14 and next month it can be CD 16-20 (Just an example) I am new to the charting scene (such as FF BBT) I'm on CD 13, and I haven't seen any crosshairs yet on my FF app.

Also does FF predict in advance your projected Ovulation day? Or does it tell you on that day that your are ovulating? Forgive me for being confused.

Any info from experienced FF users, especially those that got a BFP with the app, your input is highly valuable to me:hugs:

It is definitely possible for your ovulation day to change from month to month. Also, if that is the case, you are not going to be able to rely on Fertility Friend to accurately pinpoint when you might be ovulating. Since you temp, FF may be able to tell you when ovulation day was *after* the fact... but unless you've been having sex daily (regardless of assumed fertility status), that's not going to be very helpful. In my experience, with irregular cycles it is most important to look out for changes in your cervical mucus, and to also use OPKs.

My DH works crazy hours so we weren't able to have sex as often as we'd like. He is normally v way too exhausted for something like the SMEP... or even regular BDing every 2-3 days. If I hadn't been taking OPKs the month we conceived, then there is no way we would have gotten my BFP. As it was, I hadn't been expecting to get close to ovulation yet, so I was only taking one OPK a day at the time. (I normally tested at least twice a day when I thought I was getting close.) Anywho, my DH had already left for work when I took my daily OPK around 4pm. I was surprised to find that it was positive. Since he wouldn't be home until around 8am the following morning (more than 12 hours after my positive OPK), and we hadn't had sex for about 5 days before that, I figured my chances were slim that month. However, we DTD as soon as he got home the next morning, and we must have got his team of swimmers in there in the knick if time-- because that was the month that we finally got our BFP. (After a year of trying!)

My point is that because my ovulation days were so unpredictable, there would have been no way to accurately time our intercourse without using OPKs. Fertility Friend generally had no clue when I was going to ovulate. It would throw out a few suggested fertile days... but rarely did they match well with my actual ovulation days. OPKs were the key for me... I just used FF to keep track of all the info. ;)

I'm curious if anyone has their ovulation day change month to month. Like one month it can be CD 14 and next month it can be CD 16-20 (Just an example) I am new to the charting scene (such as FF BBT) I'm on CD 13, and I haven't seen any crosshairs yet on my FF app

Also does FF predict in advance your projected Ovulation day? Or does it tell you on that day that your are ovulating? Forgive me for being confused.

Any info from experienced FF users, especially those that got a BFP with the app, your input is highly valuable to me:hugs:

My ovulation day only changed by a day his month from last month. Believe it can change a day or two but not sure as many as you asked. FF will only tell you the day you ovulated after the fact due to needing three higher temps to show you you truly ovulated

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->