Ovulating After Trigger Shot?

IGrowEmXL

Reaction score
Has anyone ovulated late after getting a trigger shot?

We are TTC our second, and turns out I'm having more trouble than I did the first time (1st time it took 7 rounds of clomid to get my son).

This time, clomid isn't working at all, and they tried me on 6 days of 7.5mg of femara, followed by an hcg if my follicles were favorable.

Well I'm approaching 48 hours, and my temp hasn't risen at all, I haven't had any O-Pains, and now I'm losing hope that I'm going to ovulate. Granted, my follicles were smaller than "average," but it was my first round of femara, and when I went in for my CD12 U/S they were far larger than anything we'd seen with clomid, so she didn't want to miss a window of opportunity, so she triggered me. My follicles were 14.5 and 14.8.

So, anyone ovulate with smaller follicles after a trigger, or ovulate later after getting a trigger?

The trigger would make all follicles release regardless of size, however, the temp rise comes from the rising progesterone after a mature egg is released. Those are very small follicles and more than likely couldn't have contained a mature egg. I'm really surprised she would trigger you and not let them grow. My RE wouldn't trigger before they reach 18.

The trigger would make all follicles release regardless of size, however, the temp rise comes from the rising progesterone after a mature egg is released. Those are very small follicles and more than likely couldn't have contained a mature egg. I'm really surprised she would trigger you and not let them grow. My RE wouldn't trigger before they reach 18.

I know she triggered then because she wasn't sure if my follicles would get any bigger, since my largest before that was .9cm.

She said that anything around 15cm can contain a mature egg, even though the norm is 18cm. I don't know, my chart is all over the place, I've had cramping and o-pain, but I'm not sure what to think.

I agree...i think it was a little soon also to trigger. With clomid, i know that they like to see the follicles bigger than with an unmedicated cycle so won't trigger until around 22 or 23 at the earliest. I think what the other poster said is correct...follicles that small won't have enough progesterone to make a huge difference in your chart, but it is a good sign you are having ovulation cramping. 48 hours isn't completely out of the realm of normal...i ovulate almost exactly 36 hours after a trigger shot.
However, I think next time i would ask for another ultrasound for the next day or the day after that to see if they are getting bigger. All signs was that they were growing, so why trigger them early 'just in case'. If she had waited you would know for sure if femara would would get your follicles to a viable size or if you should get a higher dose or move on to injectables.

Thanks ladies.

It looks like I ovulated a little over 72 hours after my trigger, so hopefully since follicles continue to grow 1-2mm a day even after a trigger, they very well could've been 18+mm by the time I actually ovulated, so FX! My temps have been steadily rising since I ovulated, so who knows :)

Trigger shots contain HCG so they do allow a little bit maturity before release. I also ovulated 36 hours (ish) after my trigger shots

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->