Ovulating? PCOS

ltrip84

Mom and pregnant
Reaction score
It would be awesome if there was a PCOS forum. One for TTC and one for not.

Anyways, I have always been annovulatory when off of bc. I was on bc for about 15 years when ttc #1. I ended up having to take fertility meds to get there. Anyways, I was hoping having a baby might straighten my system out. I kind of waited around after having him to see if my period would come back on it's own. Thankfully, about 3 months after giving birth, my period came back on it's own. Afraid I would get pregnant again easily and so soon, I went back on the pill to be safe. Now that my fiancé and I have been talking about ttc#2, I went off my pills. If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't yet, that's fine too. Well, no period. Now, 81 days after my last bc (artificial) cycle, I finally started af!! Yay! Now, the question is... did I really ovulate or am I having an annov bleed? What do you think?

Unless you temp it's hard to say if you've ovulated. Since you have irregular cycles I'd highly recommend it. Temping will show a clear shift in bbt if you have ovulated. It'll be very helpful and beneficial since you have PCOS to temp. Also it wouldn't hurt to try asking your Dr for Clomid. Clomid helps you ovulate. My friend got preg after her first cycle on Clomid. There are also lots of other things you can do to help to if interested. :)

Ever considered natural methods to encourage af and ovulation?

I have pcos as well and was on BC pills on and off for 7 years.

Started using vitex in March and have had AF every month since.

Did some research on Google and stumbled across Natural Fertility Info. A very good source of information.

I have actually temped and gone through fertility treatment before. I didn't ovulate with clomid, but I did have success with femara on my second month. I have a healthy 14 month old son now.

I was just hoping for some opinions.

My son is just a little younger than yours. We also had to do fertility treatments to get him due to pcos and low motility.

Now we are back ttc. I would also recommend temping. I currently am using opks but they aren't always reliable for pcos.

There are a variety of natural remedies that are suppose to help pcos. However, I have not found they helped.

I do use natural progesterone cream when my cycle gets to long. I find it brings on my period.

I have pcos really bad unfortunately. I ovulate randomly but on mylonger cycles i tend to get a break through bleed so its an annovulatory cycle. That is my experience of it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->