ovulation after loss?

welshdee

Reaction score
sorry im so new to this i wondered if any of you can answer my question.

i had a loss 3weeks ago, bleeding slowed down yesterday and 2day has completly stopped so far. i have dry cm which im taking as i should know go on and ovulate? when do i time this from?
ive read loads of you forum and to be honest the high,low cp wet, dry cm just confuses me.
ive been pregnant 3 times and all straight away i just want this one to be the same. dee

I'm afraid that after a mc everyone differs - you would time your 1st cycle from the first day of bleeding but that's where the similarity ends. Your hormones will likely be a bit messed up - making ovulation tests and even temping very tricky - you would possibly get false positives due to irregular hormone levels. Some ladies don't ov the 1st month after mc, some do.

If you are keen to ttc this cycle then bding every other day should cover the bases but it would be very difficult to pinpoint your most fertile time.

https://pregnancyloss.info/

I found this site handy.

Sorry for your loss

hx

Hi Dee, just spotted your post and am so sorry to hear about your loss. We also suffered a loss just over 3 weeks ago (a tfmr) and I'm just as confused as you regarding ovulation etc. My doc recommended waiting for a normal period (or preferably 2 periods) before ttc but I'm keen to start right away. I keep reading about tracking temperatures and noting ovulation but I was just thinking along the lines of trying loads/stumbling upon a fertile day?! Maybe that would be a good approach because sometimes all the stressing over dates and stuff can make things harder xx

I would wait and see if you get any of the obvious signs of ovulation, ie the stretch CM. I would start testing from then. I found that after my MC my cycles were longer and i would ovulate on CD19 rather than 14.

If you HCG levels are down to 0, which if you have bled then i would imagine they would be, they have to be less than 40 to bleed so hopefully your cycles should return to normal.

Obviously if you do ovulate and try to get pregnant again i would leave it at least 12/14 days after you get a positive Ovulation test to see if you are pregnant, that should be long enough to get a result that is true.

Hope this helps and good luck x

apparently its quite common to not ovulate directly after mc, so dont be too disappointed if you dont get the signs this month, its just getting back to normal.

Hi hun,

I'm sorry about your loss. I just wanted to say I had a m/c on 8th March. I was told to try again as soon as I wanted. As soon as the bleeding stopped (it only lasted 6 days) I started using OPKs.

I did a HTP 1 week after the m/c and it was negative. 2 days after that I had a possitive OPK so we BD. 12 days after that I had a neg HPT so carried on using OPKs and had another possitive within a day. It looks like I OV'd twice but I dunno. Anyways, a week or so after the 2nd possitive OPK I got my BFP! I'm praying this one is a sticky one!

I hope you get your BFP soon :hugs:

aww thank u all for taking time to reply.
it's so confusing i only found this site when i was looking up ovulating on the net lol.

i normaly know when ,how ,long not knowing is drivin me mad!!!
i wana get bk to normal, so i can try again.

congrats bitsandbobs

that gives me hope too bits n bobs... congrats.. stickydust to you xxxx

I am hoping my ov is as normal as possible this month too. fx to all. sorry for your loss welshdee

Mine are already crossed for every lady that has to post on this area. Thanks Hun, hopefully we can o soon and get huge bfps xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->