Ovulation and ewcm?

phantomfaery1

Mum to Marshall + 1 angel
Reaction score
Hey just wanted some advice really, me and my partner arent really trying to concieve but it wouldnt be the end of the world if it did happen x weve been using the pull out method for the last couple of months ( dont wanna go on hormone contraception and recently condoms have been making me sore tmi!) but the last few times we became really lax with it (not pulling out at all) well i had ewcm the thursday ( partner was away so no bd) next day i had just watery cm and we had unprotected sex, would i have missed ovulation or is there a chance i could be pregnant?
Thanks

Well Ewcm is a sign of oncoming ovulation. Everyone is different. Some women get it several days before and some just a day or two before. Without any other indicators your best guess would be 1-2 days after ewcm you ovulated. You can get pregnant from sex anywhere up to 7 days before ovulation but the best odds of it happening are 1-3 days before ovulation.

Any time you have unprotected sex, there is a chance that you could become pregnant. If you are having unprotected sex while you are having obvious signs of fertility (EWCM, for example), then your chance increase greatly.

I understand you say you are simply using the "pull out method" to prevent pregnancy, but if you avoid having sex while you are fertile, you greatly reduce your risks of an unintentional pregnancy. If condoms are making you sore, it's possibly a latex allergy (I have the same thing), but there are a lot of non-latex condoms available on the market these days. :)

Thanks for the response :) so i figure there is a chance i could be pregnant x if i am pregnant its not exactly unintentional as weve discussed trying after xmas so one month early isnt the end of the world :) , i ttc for 3 years for my little boy so i kinda check my cm out of habit lol. So im ussually pretty good at avoiding my fertile times but this time i got ewcm cd8 and only lasted a day so caught me out a bit!

I agree, one month early doesn't sound bad to me at all! Good luck.

It's going! I'm just sitting here in the TWW. I think I'm 2dpo, but my cycle has been a little off this month.

I hate the 2ww!! Yea my cycle has been really off if i ovulated when i had ewcm then id be 11dpo and my period not due for another week! Took an IC today and got the faintest of faint line, but im not convinced that it isnt just the indent line x sending lots of baby luck!! 😊

Oh, that sounds promising! Do you plan on testing tomorrow?

Yea tested today bfn, not really sure when to test , period not due till 13th

The first day of your missed period is the best time to test, but some of us are addicts and start as early as 8dpo or so. :D

Got a faint but clear bfp yesterday x but took one this morning and its lighter, cant remember how to post a pic x

Came up when i was still testing sorry camera not great clearer irl

Confirmed today with 2 sensitive tests, in shock :) its your turn now dill :) keep me updated! :)

Nothing but BFNs so far. AF is due Friday, so I think I'm out. Onward to Cycle #5!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->