Ovulation Detectors?

AllyX7

TTC-- Hopefully Soon!
Reaction score
Hi guys! I'm a newbie.

Muy hubby and I got married just a few months ago and we're TTC! I'm so excited! I had been on birth control for a few years and am now just getting off it. I'm using one of the ovulation monitors to see where I am. Have any of you guys used them?

I was going to go and get the pee ones, but they are SO EXPENSIVE! (Ha, we're still paying off the florists!)

So I looked online and I found they have ones that use saliva instead (Which is much less gross since I don't want to pee on sticks at the office :)

Anyways, I've been using OvaTel with their cycle diary and I LOVE IT. I can check where I am in my cycle like ALL DAY AS MUCH AS I WANT. Which is good. Because right now I'm really spazzy.

Poor hubby gets a call every hour "I THINK I'M SLIGHTLY CLOSER TO OVULATING THAN I WAS AN HOUR AGO."

hahaha. Similar experiences? Anyone try the ovatel one?

I have no comment on the saliva ov tests - but i just wanted to say HI and welcome to the forum!!

Congrats on becoming a TTC member, its so exciting isnt it! :happydance:

I use OV sticks (get about 25 off ebay for £5!) but still havent located where my cycle is at yet! lol

Hope you get some advise soon! xx

:dust:

Depending on how comfortable with your body you are there are natural ways to tell when you are ovulating.

Cervical Mucus (should be silky and streachy and abundant)
The Placement of Your Cervix (should be high up and very plush like your lips)
Your Basal Tempurature (should be around 97 - 98 degrees)

They are all great ways to tell if your ovulating. Plus don't stress about about it, this is supposed to be fun :) if you stress out too much you can stop your body from ovulating.

Have Fun and Good Luck!

Hi Ally! Welcome to bnb!!!
I'm thinking if you're actually trying and wanting advice on an ovulation monitor, you might be better to go to the ttc section? I'm actually quite interested in this though, so I'm going off to look up the OvaTel. :D

Aww you guys are sweet :) I'll def. repost this in the TTC forums. But yeach, check out the website! I looooveee the ovatel!

Ohh, thanks for the tip, nev heard o saliva ones b4. Much better to use on the go as u say.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->